Who's in?

Hey could some kind soul attach a blank NaNo 2012 template project? Template import isn’t working on either platform for me. (Think the spaces and parenthesis in it are throwing it)

Here you go!
nano12_blank.scriv.zip (98.2 KB)

YOu’re pure awesomesauce. I’ll share it with the other Linux folks. :slight_smile:

Well it’s no wonder it ain’t working. What d’ y’ expect for, or from, a bunch of sartorially inelegant, ubuntus and gnomes :open_mouth:

You compose, too? Cool! Wanted to have a CD’s worth of stuff done by June. Then I replaced my old, ailing computer. I said December… I know how to procrastinate.

Good thing I use neither. :wink:

Slacker!

Not so much on the desktop anymore. New one uses UEFI. :frowning:

Typical girl…obtuse to a fault :confused:

Wear?!! :open_mouth:

I see what you did there… :wink:

:smiley: Knew y’ would. Anyone…even a girl…who can handle a computer fitted with Unified Efficient Fuel Injectors, can’t be all daft. :smiley:

vic

'y seen this? theregister.co.uk/2012/09/19/win8_rootkit/ :open_mouth:

Didn’t take 'em long to rootkit Win8. As much as I bitch about Macs, they’re generally good about plugging such things.

I’m not doing NaNo this year.

Partly because I’m on a two-week road trip and can’t write while travelling, but mostly because back in June I managed to write the first 51,000 words of a novel in 167 hours (from 12:05am on Saturday June 15th, to 11pm the following Friday), and on to a 109,000 word finish line in 18 days. Then spent two weeks in bed, recovering.

Not doing this again: don’t want to damage myself.

(The book is under offer and will hopefully be in print in 2015.)

Book under offer? Congrats!

I want to do it, but I’ve got a violin/piano piece I need to get out the door sometime this week. Urk. We’ll see how much brainpower I"ve got after it’s done.

Just be careful, there G. Them pianos are heavy buggers, and it’s easy to put your back out lugging them about.

Well done Charlie. Take it easy, if y’ want to see it published.

Too much to do. But I promise I’ll write at the time of my retirement - in about 23 years from now.

Paolo

Naw, moving pianos are relatively easy and pain-free. I threw my back out moving a printer. Don’t twist your back when carrying things, folks.

This year is my very first NaNo and it has introduced me to Scrivener! I’m 2521 words away from my NaNo win and then I can start doing research!

Anyway, I’m here, I’m new, this is my very first post on Literature and Latte, but I bet that doesn’t mean y’all’ll be nice to me. :wink:

Yeah, you’re right; we won’t all won’t be nice (vic-k will eventually post a reply). So I’ll simply say, “Congratulations on your (almost) NaNo win. Impressive effort!”

I’ve got to go be grumpy somewhere else now.

Chéri, mon amour,
I will be… how you say… votre petit ami, you special little friend, or, fiend, if you prefer
Bonne chance, chéri, avec NaNoWriMo!
If you win… I can…how you say…be your special prize… oui… non?
:laughing: :laughing: Mere de Lucifer! oo-la-laa!

[size=150]Le D[/size] :smiling_imp:

I WON!!! I WON!!! I WON!!!

Thank you Scrivener for making my first NaNoWriMo far less painful than it would have been without you!

Oooh! Look at my special prize! I can’t wait to vanquish it!!! 8)

Hmmm, isn’t there some writing rule out not using too many exciting marks?