Novel-in-a-Day 2: The Revenge

writing tight is definitely not an easy skill to master. this from a consummate blatherer.

Almost done. One detail I’m in want of, and my brain is too scattered right now to read the wikipedia page right, is the (average) distance from the L1 lagrange point between Earth and it’s Moon. Is anyone fairly sure of that number? The only one I can find skimming en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_point is about 60,000 km.

Popping in to say I’m typing as fast as I can and I will turning in my chapter very soon. Damn, my allergies!

dawn

Um. I must be doing it wrong. I found that command, thank you, but it only seems to affect the paragraph the focus is in at the moment. I would like to make the change as part of my default settings. Under Tools/Options/Editor I can get rid of the indent by dragging that caret all the way to the left, but I see no way to add the extra space after the paragraph.

Sorry for being so dense.

Done! Thank you Pigfender you one man marvel you!

NAP TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! then to the other writing i need to get done.

BethCutter, you have to highlight all text to be included. usually this is set before you begin any text entry. hope this helps.

It occurs to me that mine may be a bit light in Sci-fi department - sorry fact fans - hope I don’t let the side down - been great having a go at something I wouldn’t normally try though!

RD

It’s kind of hidden in the settings. There’s the drop-down for line spacing. You have to select that and then choose “Other”. Then you’ll have the option to set paragraph spacing separately from line spacing.

BethCutter - it occurred to me you may be talking about double spacing vs single or 1.5 spacing between lines. if that’s correct, then using the same menu flow as before, make the change in the third box down. i had thought for some reason you were talking about spacing between paragraphs as i was in my original post. ttfn.

Montree, no, you had it right, I wanted a blank line between paragraphs.

And between your help and Robert, I now have them! Yippee!

But what a sneaky way to hide that control.

My part is in. Apologies in advance for the simple-minded theological argument at the beginning. I just noticed that there were a liberal sprinkling of atheists and Catholics in the cast and my brain forced me to write something about that before it would let me write anything else. If I’d had more time to devote to NIADD, I would have edited that nonsense out entirely.

hangs head in shame

I’m looking forward to reading what everyone else wrote!

Pigfender: I highlighted two things in my passage that may need correcting. The use of “Science Officer”, which I wanted to use as a rank, like Commander, but was uncertain if they’re equivalent. The other was the figure 60,000 km, which I pulled off the wikipedia page on Lagrange Points. It may be the wrong figure entirely. Sorry for not verifying the number, but I’ve got to dash now.

We are still FOUR chapters missing.

Just so you know at midnight I’m going to have to quit on this for the day, whether I’ve had time to upload things or not.

Finally turned my chapter in. Had to exile my cat from my room to finish it since she was the cause of all my allergies last night. I hope I did right by the characters and hope that my part doesn’t suck too much. At least I’ve stopped sneezing and dripping all over the place, sigh.

sorry for being so late,
dawn

As long as the atheists won. :slight_smile:

In. Just. But gory. Very.

Looking forward to reading it, if a chapter is short, not turned in, happy to whip something up tomorrow am early? or is that breaking the rules

OKAY

Well, a big thanks to everyone who took part this year.

Here are the files for you to download.
PDF: www.pigfender.com/Lunar520.pdf
KINDLE: www.pigfender.com/Lunar520_mobi.zip
EPUB: www.pigfender.com/Lunar520_epub.zip
and of course
SCRIVENER: www.pigfender.com/Lunar520_scriv.zip
(in that last one, you can see what everyone else’s briefs were, if you are so inclined.

Keith, might be worth transfering these to a more stable server at some point.
Happy reading. Do please let me know what you think of the book, and of what you thought of the event. I’m sure the feedback will be useful for whatever sucker does it next year!

wow! we wrapped up a lot closer to time this year than last. glad the last few got in in a timely manner. had fun this year as i did last year. pigfender hats off to you and thanks for putting it together again this year.

Yes, thanks pigfender!