NaNoWriMo 2012 - Special Template and Trial

Hi all,

In case you had missed it, we are once again sponsoring National Novel Writing Month. Once more we have special offers available for new users, including a 50% discount for winners, and we have a special NaNoWriMo 2012 trial and novel template available. Our official thread on the NaNoWriMo forums can be found here:

nanowrimo.org/en/forums/spec … eads/69838

There is a separate dedicated Scrivener thread on the NaNo Technology forums here:

nanowrimo.org/en/forums/nano … eads/61238

I’m always grateful to those users who spread the good word about Scrivener over there. :slight_smile:

If you just want to go directly to our trial page, though, which also contains the NaNo templates for existing users, here it is:

literatureandlatte.com/nanowrimo.php

As always, it’s great to be able to sponsor NaNoWriMo again. Many of our first users came from the beta we posted on those very forums back in 2005, so it’s good to be able to give something back.

Good luck with your 50,000 words if you’re participating in the insanity this year. I’m hoping to take part myself!

All the best,
Keith

Thanks for this! I’m participating again this year. I downloaded Schrivener last year specifically for NaNoWriMo and haven’t turned back since. LOVE it! Glad to experience my one year anniversary with this software.

Hello.
I have bought Scrivener using my winner discount and entered the serial number in my NaNo trial version, thinking it would unlock. But now it won’t start. That wouldn’t be much of a problem, but I can’t even reset the install and get my number of possible installs back.

Try uninstalling the NaNo version and installing the current public beta. That actually won’t ask you for any registration. Our Windows betas work on an expiration basis rather than demo/registration. We’re hoping to get a 7th beta release out soon, so you might wish to hold off if you can—but if you are locked out it’s not problem to install the 6th now, and the 7th tomorrow (or whenever).

Assuming it even did increment your activation counter, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. We have the system tuned to check for piracy, not ordinary usage (and ordinary usage includes missing a few deactivations now and then).

I will try that, thank you very much!