Welcome to our new team member - our iOS developer

The reason that no release date has been posted is that we are nowhere near to having a release date yet.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Does that mean that the previous “end of 2012/early 2013” has been blown out of the water? As an iPad 1 owner, I have to consider when I need to upgrade my hardware…

“End of 2012” is now unlikely, but “Early 2013” is still the aim.

What are the likely minimum hardware/iOS requirements?

A relative in the cellphone business is going to keep an eye out for used iphone for me. I want to try to make sure it’ll be Scrivener for iOS compatible.

(Subforum link in first post sends me to: “You are not authorised to read this forum”, so I’m posting question here, apologies if it’s the wrong place.)

Thanks for the update, Keith! (Just remembered it’s a whole year since I met you at BristolCon!)

@wordchiseler - assuming that Scrivener can even run on an iPhone (I suspect not, based on screenshots - not all apps can run on both sized devices) I think you’re looking at a 3GS minimum. My husband has upgraded his to iOS6, but my 3G wouldn’t even run iOS4 at a usable speed.

Blimey, a whole year - I meant to attend this year, too, whoops. I didn’t realise it was you. :slight_smile:

This is one of the few forums where I still have my old, anonymous username - I’m Anne Lyle everywhere else now!

If you just want a mobile device that’s not too expensive, an iPod Touch that can run iOS 6 should suffice. I’m pretty sure the aim was to target both platforms with the same app, though that may be unrealistic if even 1/10th of Scrivener’s capabilities are to be shoehorned onto the device. I’d wait until it’s actually released before making a purchase, and then get the most advanced, least expensive device that will suit your needs.

There is good news? When will the program for iOS?

Is your iOS subforum not available to all? I clicked on the link in your original post and was told that I am not authorized to read it.

Yes, it should be available to all - just head over to the Wish List forum if you can’t get to it, though. We’re not taking more suggestions at this time, though, I’m afraid - not for 1.0, that is - since development is now quite far along.

All the best,
Keith

“We’re not taking more suggestions at this time, though, I’m afraid - not for 1.0, that is - since development is now quite far along.”

Woo Hoo!!! excellent news!!!
I know these things always take longer than what everyone hopes… but Nano 2013 is almost 10 months away… so with just a bit of luck, and lots of finger-crossing, perhaps we’ll have a beta for our iPads by then. :slight_smile:
Don’t mind me… get back to work!

We’ve been waiting patently… how much longer guys… I think a scapula / Scriv lite version for Ipad would help a lot …

Still a while yet, sorry. Scriv for iPad isn’t a simple application and it has taken a lot longer than we anticipated or hoped. We’re hoping to start in-house beta-tests soon, but it will still be a fair while before we are ready to start selling it. (I’m not sure what “scapula” is - Scapple? If so, that’s not even out for the Mac yet, let alone any other platforms.) Thanks for your patience, and for your enthusiasm.

Keith,
Will you take beta testers from us users?

We have private group of beta-testers that we’ll be using when the time comes around. We recruit users from the forums and other social network areas based on their past bug reports and helpful contributions, so it’s invite-only for now, to keep things manageable. We have enough testers on the list at the moment, but when the time comes we may well need a few more, in which case we’ll contact people or put something on the forums.

Thanks for your interest!

All the best,
Keith

Yes. This could be financed by the development.

I’m convinced Literature & Latte uses the Apple Management Dictionary. That is to say, “first quarter” means March 31st. At 10pm. Hawaii time.

We us it to mean “random guess, that’s our hope, but it will take as long as it takes to get it right.” :slight_smile: