Creating superfolder?

I’m hoping someone can suggest the most efficient way to do something that I can’t figure out.

I’ve got a Scrivener project–call it A–that’s a novel in progress. I’ve decided that it’s going to be the first in a trilogy. I’d like to create a new project, Trilogy, and make A into one folder within Trilogy, along with B and C. That way I could access series-wide stuff, such as research and character notes, from within any of the three novels.

Any ideas on the best way to move project A into a new enclosing project without losing any of its contents? I’ve tried creating a new folder called Trilogy in the Binder and moving A into it–A doesn’t move. I’m nervous about shifting my .scriv files around in the Documents directory until I know what I’m doing.

Thank you.

It sounds like you’ve named your Draft folder “A” and are trying to drag it into something else. If that’s the case you’re going about it backwards. The Draft folder is the staging area for all exportable material—it is not a normal folder but rather a feature of the binder. So if you’ve got three books in one project, then all of your books will be hosted within the Draft folder. That is the one you call “Trilogy”, and within that folder you would have three folders called “A”, “B” and “C”.

So it sounds like all you really need to do here is select everything in your Draft (currently the contents of the book called “A”) and use the Documents/Group feature (this is just a shortcut way of making a new folder and putting n number of existing items into it). That’s it! Now make a new level 1 folder in Draft for B.

Thanks very much, AmberV! That’s exactly what I wanted to do–I just needed to turn my perspective around. I appreciate the help–one of the best things about Scrivener (and there are many) is how supportive and responsive the team and experienced users are.