1.2.5 Scrivener for Linux RELEASED

Thank you, Lee!
:slight_smile:

Thank you. Works smoothly on 32bit Linux Mint 12 (and Eee PC). Installation took all 30 seconds :smiley:

However, the font rendering is a bit weird (different from before, is there a way to change it? Or well, I’ll get used to it I suppose) and I lost my Finnish spellcheking. Nothing serious tough, love your work.

Thank you!
Two different expiry dates, with a medium term release, is a great idea!
Scratchpad still doesn’t work, however I don’t use it.
Thank you again

Thanks guys, you’re freakin’ heroes. Working fine on 64bit Lucid.

magicfingers, was the previous beta working for you, and did you install using the --force-architecture argument?

Thanks for asking! Yup, no problems up to this point, and yup, you can’t exactly install it without --force- architecture. The “rename rtfi” workaround works for me in Lucid, so I’m a happier camper at this point.

Cheers!

Success from openSUSE 12.1 x64 after installing all the required 32 bit versions of all libraries.

Tip: Run Scrivener from a terminal to see any error messages and then use Yast2 or zipper or System Settings -> Software Management to install anything that is missing.

… how did you get the spell checker to work on 64 bit Lucid?

Whenever I try to install the 32 bit aspell libraries, Lucid wants to remove roughly 80% of my desktop.

I’ve tried installing on Ubuntu. Scrivener opened with error notices (the RTF reader failing) and now does not show my text anymore. :confused:
I have to admit I’m new to Linux, so I probably did something wrong.
Just used the terminal to install the deb, nothing else. (Scrivener worked fine before this update)

(I’m running 32bit Ubuntu 12.04)

slashedkaze check out the forum post about rtfi reader not found. There is a working solution posted there.

You can also do “ldd Scrivener,” too. That will show you every library it needs. It should point to Scrivener for all of the Qt things, but it’s going to need some system libraries, as well.

Uhuhuuuuuu! :slight_smile:

After some time to find out the right libraries i got it running under Debian Wheezy 64 bit & Fluxbox :smiley:
Finally! But nativ 64Bit support is really needed, because i think i fuck up my clean system ahahaha

Most distros will put 32-bit libraries in a different place than the system ones. You can set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to look where they’re installed. It’s not a good idea to put optional libraries in with system ones…

RPM Version for OpenSuse and similar. :slight_smile: : http://www.sendspace.com/file/o8uc9n

Also, I’m still having the problem I had with the last beta, which started when I had to get a new harddrive. I’m thinking it’s probably something in my settings/packages rather than Scrivener this time though since a Google search shows other people getting the same error message trying to run other programs.

I ran the above command, and all the libQt entries are listed with the correct location.

me@netbook:~$ /usr/bin/Scrivener Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40801) with this library (version 0x40800) Aborted (core dumped)

This happens immediately after I try to Open a project from Scrivener when I am running it on Kubuntu 12.04. If I switch to Xfce on the same Ubuntu installation the Open dialog shows fine, and Scrivener doesn’t crash. Is there any way to work around this incompatibility in KDE?

I run Scrivener flawlessly in Arch with KDE. It seems to be something specific to Kubuntu.

Yeah, I"m using KDE, as well. What’s your library path look like, cellfourteen?

Ah, sorry, my bad - I didn’t bother trying to get spellcheck working, because I like to draft without it (then sweep thru on the final exported document). I tried installing the 32bit libs and borked my system, so I scraped 'em back out again, used force-architecture and things were cool (except caveats above, natch).

I dunno, I’m running a pretty old version of Kubuntu here (Lucid 10.04) and it seems pretty functional, but then I’ve had this Kubuntu install for close to four years now (yeah, yeah, I know) so it may well be that some earlier patch or set of packages I installed were a cure-before-the-sickness. Happy to dump details here if someone can tell me what’d be useful and how to unearth it. :slight_smile:

Hi, technatica, garpu. Scrivener’s startup script sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/share/scrivener/lib

Nothing, as long as I see, in ~/.bashrc , ~/.profile or /etc/ld.so.conf

I also tried the “unset QT_PLUGIN_PATH” suggestion from here:

literatureandlatte.com/forum … 07#p107108

and played a bit with the script ammuray suggests here:

literatureandlatte.com/forum … 33&t=15007

I am having this problem on a 32-bit machine, frsh install. On a 64-bit Kubuntu 12.04 desktop there is no such crashes, though the 64-bit Ubuntu installation in my case is also at least four years old with all the upgrades on top of it.

• And I accidentally discovered that if I export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/share/scrivener/lib in Konsole, some other applications such as Kate or Konqueror abort with the same error :slight_smile:

Okay…if the script starting scrivener is causing other similar errors, what happens if you don’t use it? that is, start Scrivener directly?

Not sure who that was directed at but just in case : If I click on the regular icon, I get the little bouncing icon for a couple of seconds, then it vanishes and nothing else happens. I’m also not using Kubuntu. I’m using OpenSuse 11.4 and KDE, if that’s any help.