I passed!

Doc, This is fabulous news! I’ve only just seen the post, so sorry for being a little late to the party. Warm wishes and heartfelt congratulations!

Well done, nom! :smiley: Maybe you should start pestering for a new compile format preset to be added to Scrivener, to automate the production of journal articles without having to write another word or change anything in your core text. :smiley: Best of luck with the wider publication of your research. :smiley:

Um… carried by unicorns covered in cherry blossom? Although I suspect I will need a more reliable source for this to work. :confused:

Prouder and more thrilled than I know how to express. Thank you.

Whew!

Oh yes! There’s many reasons I’m thrilled, not all of them have to do with 10 years of hard work and study.

Unique personality traits. I like that. you’re so kind… :smiley:

Don’t limit your options. She could be both. Oh…

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Excellent idea! I’ll make sure Keith knows you suggested it… :wink:

Well done, nom. If your experience is anything like mine, this is one of those moments in your life when you can be truly relaxed and relatively content. By the way, what was your thesis about?

Irony would be “women who choose bad mates when better options are available”. Although I suspect Mr K and I would have featured prominently in that study.

Hi vic-k!

Today is possibly the first time in 10 years I’ve felt that way. Although the wheels of bureaucracy are still to finish turning, I now know that the work is all done. It’s just paperwork now, hopefully even that will all be delivered by 9:30 tomorrow morning - then I just wait for the letter from the university addressed to Dr nom.

How long ago did you finish yours?

I literally laughed out loud at that. :laughing:
Sadly that wasn’t it. Although irony may have featured in a different way. Thesis was on the psychological outcomes (or, more accurately, sequelae since I didn’t prove causation) of a week-long youth leadership program for 18-30 year olds.

Oh-ho! Now that you’ve almost got your letters, you’re getting all fancy, I see. Well, played Doctor Nom. Congratulations, on fanciness and passing alike!

Congratulations!

A bloke in Stockport, has just got a 1yr suspended sentence and 100 hrs community service, for that!! :open_mouth: jeezz!!tch!tch!
Vic
[size=85]never know who the bloody ‘ell y’re rubbin’ shoulders with, aboard this old tub![/size]

I was worried for a minute you were going to say it was on crowd and individual responses to controlled emotional stimuli on internet fora.

To be honest, I just love the sound of that word: sequelae. Sequelae, sequelae, sequelae!
I think I just lost all my fancy points. :unamused:

Ta. Although, to my shame, I didn’t name you in my acknowledgements, I believe that Scrivener made a huge contribution to the success of my thesis. Let me publicly acknowledge you here.

Attempting to prove causation is a risky business - he’s lucky he only got a suspended sentence.

:open_mouth:
[size=50]Wish I’d thought of it.[/size]

In many ways Scrivener isn’t writing software, but sanity software.

Consider the user base. At least the vocal forum dwelling user base. Are you sure it is “sanity” instead of “insanity control” software?

You say potato, I say potato.

No, wait that one doesn’t work in print…

What’s sanitary ware got to do with it? :confused:
Vic

Question: If one personality of Mr K is sane, does that make all of him sane? What if that personality is not the actual Mr K personality, but is one of the off shoots?

Interesting thought nightmare.

You should know better than to write rubbish like that, Young Mr Jaysen. My human, Vic-k, hasn’t got a personality.
Fluff

Okay, now all that mushy congratulations stuff is out of the way:

phd012903s.gif
phd012604s.gif

Comics shamefully borrowed from PhD comics.
www.phdcomics.com

Piled Higher & Deeper is one of my favourite comics. Of the three you posted, I lived the first one on a daily basis, I suspect my wife lived the second and the third beautifully illustrates why I switched OS and won’t go back.