I submitted my thesis!

At 2:45pm yesterday (Wednesday, 25 January, 2012) I submitted three copies of my doctoral thesis to be examined. I have now completed all requirements for my doctorate (at least until I get examiners’ feedback - they’re likely to make some final revision requests prior to the thesis being passed).

I know it’s not quite the same as being published, but from my perspective it’s darn close (and I didn’t know where else I could appropriately brag about it in the forums).

So this is the first Australia Day in a decade that I have been free of studies. It feels good! :smiley:

So you don’t need to make dinner?

Well, today I do. :unamused:
But last night we went out for dinner. First time in ages. Nothing fancy, but it was fun.

Didn’t you have to study the recipe?

Congratulations!

Dave

Nope. I just read it as I go. No need to remember it, or interpret it, or identify and apply the underlying principles in another context. Just cut some stuff, cook some stuff, throw it in a bowl. Or something like that (as noted, I have no need to memorise it).

Thanks mate. :slight_smile:

Well done nom!

Congratulations young Scottie!! :smiley:
Well done.
Fluff

P.S. Australia Day?! :confused:
Celebratory Canine Tipple For Scottie.jpg

Yes, well done! You must be thrilled to bits!

Rog

January 26 is Australia Day. Just because it is apparently.

I was going to thank you for the beer (very appropriate on Australia Day), but on close inspection it reads “non-alcoholic”. Is this a feline attempt at humour? Dogs prefer more direct, physical, humour (stepping on a rake, falling over, weeing on a posty’s leg, that sort of thing). Fake beer just leaves us wanting more…

Yep! :slight_smile:
Actually, “relieved” is probably closer. Now the long wait to discover if I have passed (or, more likely, how many changes I need to make in order to pass).

[quote="nom"] I know it's not quite the same as being published, but from my perspective it's darn close (and I didn't know where else I could appropriately brag about it in the forums). [/quote] i,d say it,s exactly the same as being published,

Congratulations! throws confetti blows a party horn

Congratulations! This is no small feat and you should be proud.