Just to let you know that Scrivener 2.2 is now available for download. This is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener 2. It is recommended that you update from whatever version of Scrivener you are using because many bugs have been fixed and 2.2 contains many refinements, including:
- Improved custom meta-data. Custom meta-data now gets its own pane at the bottom of the inspector (instead of the cramped area in the middle) and can be viewed in composition mode and QuickReference panels.
- Inspector comments and footnotes can now be dragged to new locations in the text.
- You can now assign document templates to folders, so that whenever you create a new document in a folder (e.g. by clicking "+"), a new document based on a template will be created instead of a blank document (previously you always had to use New From Template to create new documents based on templates). To assign a document type to a folder, use Documents > Default New Subdocument Type.
- Roman numerals can now be used for page numbers in Compile (using the <$p-r> or <$P-R> tags). These can be used for different numbering on front matter pages, for instance.
- Exported Kindle e-books now default to opening after any front matter (e.g. when using Go To > Beginning on the Kindle).
- An "Advanced Table Options" pane has been added to Compile which allows you to stitch together tables across multiple documents - this is mainly useful for documentary formats, which use one long table. A new documentary project template has also been added.
- Added "New Picture From Camera" and "New Audio Note" to the Project menu under a "New Media File" submenu. (Leopard and above only.)
- Improved VoiceOver support.
- Many other refinements and bug-fixes.
You can find a full list of changes here:
To download Scrivener 2.2, follow the instructions below - please note that the instructions differ depending on whether you bought directly from our site or from the Mac App Store.
#### 1. UPDATING TO 2.2 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM OUR SITE ####
- Select "Check for Updates..." from the Scrivener menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... atform=mac and click on "Download for Mac" to download and re-install Scrivener.
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don't need to do anything else.
#### 2. UPDATING TO 2.2 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT FROM THE MAC APP STORE ####
- Open up the Mac App Store.
- Click on the "Updates" button in the toolbar.
- You should see Scrivener listed with an "UPDATE" button next to it. Just click on "UPDATE" to update to Scrivener 2.2.
All the best,