Scrivener for Windows now available for *pre-order*

DJ
DJMills
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:29 am Post

Thank you so much for the preorder form. I purchased it! Yes!
Now I have to wait a few more days ...

on
onethemis

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 am Post

I just pre-ordered (found you from Nano :D). I ordered 2 because I wanted to get one as a present for my brother who does a lot of writing but has his own household. However I only got one serial number and they were both purchased under my name. Should I have done something different? What can I do now? Thanks in advance!

Fl
Flur
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:08 am Post

garpu wrote:
MimeticMouton wrote:You will want to just install directly on your multiple machines, however, rather than trying to run from a USB stick.

I wouldn't want to try it, but any port in a storm, especially when it means using Office 2010. ;)

Any chance there will be a "portable" version in the future? I'd love to be able to run scrivener entirely off a USB stick without having anything written to the registry of the machine (as a lot of companies frown on users installing software on work computers).

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 am Post

Flur wrote:Any chance there will be a "portable" version in the future? I'd love to be able to run scrivener entirely off a USB stick without having anything written to the registry of the machine (as a lot of companies frown on users installing software on work computers).

You can install Scrivener as a non-admin on a work computer (I've done it). Of course, the chances are that it will be against your company's IT policy, and therefore probably not to be encouraged. :wink:
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 pm Post

onethemis wrote:However I only got one serial number and they were both purchased under my name. Should I have done something different? What can I do now? Thanks in advance!

Quickest fix will be to email sales AT literatureandlatte DOT com if you haven't already. If you can give David the name and email you used when you bought the license, he should be able to look that up and get things sorted for you, as well as switching your brother's license over to his name. Thank you for the purchase, and enjoy using Scrivener!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

on
onethemis

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:57 am Post

Thanks! Just shot off an email to the above mentioned worthies :)