Scrivener for Windows now available for *pre-order*

See

I’m a new user (2 weeks). I pre-ordered. Very impressive product, I am using it in two classes: novel writing and screenwriting, and have transferred 100 pages of a novel to it. I plan on also using it for my non-fiction article writing and even in my law practice.

My only beef is that you apparently cannot print either index cards or outlines. This seems like a major oversight. Hopefully that will be remedied soon.

Technical and time hurdle, not oversight. :slight_smile: These features are already designed and planned for and they are going to be pretty nice. But short of folding space and time, not everything that is conceivable as useful could be compacted into 1.0.

Yeah, still perfecting the tesseract. Two options for you in the meanwhile are to use compile to include just titles and synopses for your elements (maybe also meta-data if you want things like labels and keywords included) or to take a screenshot of the outliner/corkboard and then print that to PDF. Depends what you’re going for, but plenty of users, on both Mac and Windows, have successfully done both. In time of course we’ll be adding specific capabilities for this, as Ioa said.

Yay! Thanks!

Pre-ordered, got my serial code, and on a whim, activated my copy. Don’t get the ‘this is a trial’ popup when I open the application now, which is nice…but I’m also a bit worried I wasn’t supposed to do that yet, and I might have broken it!

Fingers crossed…

Sorry for the stupid comment. Obviously it was not an “oversight”. THWAACKK! [Sound of user slapping himself alongside head].

Both above suggestions worked. Thanks for the tip and your patience.

No problem.

A wizard programs precisely as he means to! :slight_smile:

I’ve pre-ordered too. Can’t wait! I am a bit nervous about the cross-over, ie beta expires Nov 7th and purchased version available Nov 7. Can I download the nanomo trial version over the 049?

Oh and I want to say big big big thank you to all who have worked on this! No problem re delay. Doesn’t that happen to all writers? I know that my last novel took me 4 more years than I expected. It’s coming out February 2012!

Yep, that’s doable. Thank you for pre-ordering, and best wishes for your novel’s debut!

My impatience has a question! The full release will be available this coming Monday, but for which time zone? Is that set yet? Will it be available a bit early stateside if the release lines up with UK time? If so, I would be totally fine with that. Basically, I just really really really want to download the full release as early as possible.

It will probably be evening, UK time, although it might be earlier seeing as the site is mostly set up already. It will depend on when Lee is able to deliver the release build.

I’m just crossing my fingers that the server holds out. And I hope it’s released before I log off at 9pm UK time!

Thanks for all your efforts, Lit&Lat team, and also thanks to the Scrivener community for all their insights and help throughout this beta period. There has scarcely been a day I saw I question I had in mind was not already asked and answered, by the community, as much as the developers, leaving me at a mostly-resident beta user stage:D . So, I am heading to the pre-order now, to appreciate more all your efforts and thank you again for this excellent blank-page-fear killer:)

All the best, (and a happy NaNoWriMo)
Ayca promising

I tried to Pre-Order last night, but I got an error saying that my Script Frenzy discount code was invaild. I know that the codes were originally meant to expire in August, but since NaNoWriMo got an extension, I assumed we would, too. I can’t afford the software without it, which is what kept me going in April!

Thank you

I have also pre-ordered … best software for my needs … :smiley:

I have pre-ordered too. I have been using the program for my needs for a while now, and want to show my thanks for it, and all the hard and open work with the betas.

pre-ordered as well!

i count myself lucky because i just found out about scrivener and this concept of a story “IDE” and just as i knew enough about it to want it, bam, here it is for the PC!

well, in about a day from now anyway.

thanks much and here’s looking forward to a long and productive relationship.

jin