Novel-in-a-Day (NIAD)... Day

HOMEPORT - happy for you to keep working on it and either send me an updated version later or stick with what you’ve already sent.

Re Lisa’s office - Homeport, why don’t youkeep Lisa’s office. (post a description of what you’ve used here if you want) and let others either make tweaks to fit or they can keep their existing descriptions and just say Lisa is borrowing someone else’s office because hers has files all over the floor, or confidential case notes scribbled on a white board.

Seriously, though - The briefs have been written with a certain amount of leyway so people can stamp their own authority on their sections. As a result, continuity will I GUARANTEE be all over the place.

BTW I’ve been asked a couple of times what season the story is set in. I’ve answered Autumn both times.

okay folks. i’m so excited! i was even able to forego a cuppa this morning. :smiley:

I’ve been up since 6am yesterday. Forgoing a cuppa would not be a good idea at this point!!!

I was thinking outside the box and not sure how it would shape up I wanted to link his darkness fear to something that happens in the room, actually no window either. But its open to adding description and maybe I will do that now, I guess it does not really matter if the rooms are different this can be a temporary room for any number of reasons

He broke his gaze and looked around him. The room was small, with plain painted white walls, and no window. There was a light bulb hanging on the end of a strand of wire. They sat opposite each other, with a table, a water jug and two plastic cups, half-full between them.

question. in england, is there another name/phrase for what we call the post office here in the US?

I was under the impression from my scene description that her office and the psychiatric ward where Micheal was being treated were in separate parts of the hospital. Maybe she has two “offices”? An interview room akin to a shared police interrogation room (bare, with nothing in it to allow a patient to injure himself with and nothing important that might be destroyed), and an administrative office where she does paperwork and the like?

If that’s not acceptable, I can revise it to have her stay there rather than walking through the hospital.

Nope just a post office. The company that runs it is Royal Mail.

HTH
V.

That works for me.

(That is to say that it seems perfectly acceptable)

thank you.

Okay, I’ve got about an hour or so of finishing off to do, but my wife is about to go out and I am now going to have to sort out the kids’ tea, bath and bedtimes, so I’m afraid it’s not going to be in for 8pm. As soon as the kids are in bed, though, I can get it finished, so it will definitely be in before midnight. Sorry about that!

Not to worry Keith, we are going with the theory of:
Target = 8pm
HARD deadline = midnight
(both UK time)
That way we can still say it was written in a day.
(And let’s people compensate slightly for the delay in getting out the packs)

Of course, the earlier people deliver the better my blood pressure.

…and night’s rest.

You deserve one!

going off air for a bit. back when i’m ready with the first rough.

they say (not sure who) garlic juice is great for blood pressure and lowering cholesterol. let me know if it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

(wishing the quotes worked in this thread)…

Excellent! Two offices it is! I’ve got the administrative one, though there’s no reason she can’t take files from it to the “interview” office room, so I guess we’re set with our descriptions!

Don’t know what you mean, what’s confusing about this…?

Just sent in my submission, hope it qualifies! ;D

Look forward to reading it.
V.

EIGHT submissions in, and so far NOONE has gone the Space Pirate interpretation route…

Nine now?

TEN! (including yours - Thanks!)