Novel-in-a-Day (NIAD)... Day

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:41 am Post

Hi Carolyn,

Technically it's locked now, but I'm having trouble getting hold of a couple of participants so you might be able to fit into one of those slots if they don't get back to me.

I'll give you a shout in a day or so to confirm.

Rog

pigfender

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:26 am Post

I've not been able to get hold of the following 4 people via PM:
Cjmiltko,
ELBrown,
Malinche,
Montree_Whiles

Can you guys get hold of me (either Private Message me or email on rog@pigfender.com ) so I know you are still in and able to receive the chapter info. I really need to get confirmation by close tomorrow (Weds 12th) as reshuffling the plot to fit a different number of people is a pain!

Thanks,

Rog

Br
Brian B
Platform: Mac

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 am Post

Bummer - I just got to the Scrivener party and missed NIAD...

If you need another slogger please count me in.

pigfender

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:12 am Post

Brian B, Carolyn,

Thanks for the interest! I'm giving the 4 people I can't get hold of until midnight tonight and then you are in!

I'll send you both a message via PM tomorrow morning.

robertdguthrie

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 pm Post

So... just to be absolutely clear on when this starts, I have a few points I'd like to have verified:

1. Cornwall Standard Time, is that the same time zone as GMT? I'm at GMT - 6 according to my computer's clock settings.
2. "Midnight on Saturday" is always tricky, because some people seem to think that means "one hour after 11pm on Saturday", but officially, Midnight is the first second of the first minute of the first hour of the entire day of Saturday. So am I correct in assuming that if I lived in Corwall, I'd be staying up late on Friday night, waiting for the clock to tick from 11:59 pm on Friday to one minute later, which is 12am Saturday?
2a. If I'm correct, that means the contest starts for people in the Central Timezone (GMT-6) at Friday (today for me), 6pm. Is that correct?

Thanks for the clarifications in advance. Edge cases always freak me out a bit.

Montree_Whiles
Platform: Windows

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:49 pm Post

this website privides a wonderful little tool to help coordinate time for everyone partifcipating in an event; makes sure everyone is on the same page (or is that the same clock): http://timeanddate.com/

Montree_Whiles

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 pm Post

hi there. i've checked my email and don't see a message from you. i don't seem to have any unread messages in the forum either. i've just emailed you.

[quote="pigfender"]I've not been able to get hold of the following 4 people via PM:
Cjmiltko,
ELBrown,
Malinche,
Montree_Whiles

Can you guys get hold of me (either Private Message me or email on rog@pigfender.com ) so I know you are still in and able to receive the chapter info. I really need to get confirmation by close tomorrow (Weds 12th) as reshuffling the plot to fit a different number of people is a pain!

Thanks,

Rog[/quote]

pigfender

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:25 pm Post

RDG: I will email out sections as soon as it becomes Saturday in the UK, or as soon as possible after that. So probably about 0:05 am UK time on Saturday 15th October 2011. Which is about 6 and a half hours from now.

MW: Aaaaarrrrrghghhh!!!
I'll see what I can do to get you back in, but really can't promise.

<sobs quietly>

Montree_Whiles

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 pm Post

it'll be great if you can. even though i'll be disappointed if you can't, i understand if it doesn't happen. fixed the problem as to why i didn't get a notification. look forward to seeing the results.

[quote="pigfender"]RDG: I will email out sections as soon as it becomes Saturday in the UK, or as soon as possible after that. So probably about 0:05 am UK time on Saturday 15th October 2011. Which is about 6 and a half hours from now.

MW: Aaaaarrrrrghghhh!!!
I'll see what I can do to get you back in, but really can't promise.

<sobs quietly>[/quote]

KB
Site Admin

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:09 pm Post

Oh crap, this is happening tomorrow? On a Saturday? Dammit, and I'm looking after the kids all morning. Eek, this is going to be fun.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

pigfender

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:17 pm Post

Yes, tomorrow. All day.

Rog

;)

homeport

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm Post

Can,t wait, going to be a fun day and weekend as it all comes together and we hear about the final book. Wishing all my fellow writers good luck and a happy day writing:))

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:49 pm Post

[quote="Kevin"]Oh crap, this is happening tomorrow? On a Saturday? Dammit, and I'm looking after the kids all morning. Eek, this is going to be fun.[/quote]

Just rent 'em out for the morning to the local chimney sweep...wassamatta wi' y's tch!tch! jeeezz!!

xiamenese

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:35 pm Post

[quote="robertdguthrie"]So... just to be absolutely clear on when this starts, I have a few points I'd like to have verified:

1. Cornwall Standard Time, is that the same time zone as GMT? I'm at GMT - 6 according to my computer's clock settings.[/quote]
Umm ... even though I'm on the other side of the world, I have a feeling that Cornwall time is still British Summer Time, i.e. GMT+1. Cornwall hasn't yet managed to re-instate the Tinners Parliament and legislate such things independently of Westminster. ;)

Has PigFender taken that into account? In the immortal words of I forget whom ... "I think we should be told"!!!

Non-participating Mr X

pigfender

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:11 pm Post

VIC: That's the spirit! Today, kids, we are going to learn to play a game called "bring daddy a constant stream of fresh coffee"

MARK: Trouble maker! :)

HOMEPORT: Yay! Not long now...