Kevin Hearne learns Scrivener

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Fri May 02, 2014 1:27 pm Post

Kevin Hearne, who writes the highly entertaining Iron Druid Chronicles, mentioned that he's trying out Scrivener and is enjoying it. http://kevinhearne.com/lots-o-news

If you like "urban" fantasy (set in modern day Earth, not necessarily in a big city) you will probably like his stories. He tangles with a number of gods, including his own Celtic pantheon, all while his trusty Wolf Hound tries to crack him up with corny jokes that only he can hear. Good fun. I recommend the audio book, narrated by Keith Daniels.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri May 02, 2014 7:59 pm Post

robertdguthrie wrote:If you like "urban" fantasy (set in modern day Earth, not necessarily in a big city) you will probably like his stories.

:D
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

robertdguthrie

Mon May 05, 2014 4:23 pm Post

Wow, what a tangled mess of ambiguous antecedents. :oops: "He" the author does not tangle with "his" gods, fyi. The main character of the Iron Druid book series does that. "He" the author also does not have a psychic wolf hound who cracks jokes with him, as far as I know.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm Post

robertdguthrie wrote:Wow, what a tangled mess of ambiguous antecedents. :oops: "He" the author does not tangle with "his" gods, fyi. The main character of the Iron Druid book series does that. "He" the author also does not have a psychic wolf hound who cracks jokes with him, as far as I know.

Shit! :shock: I was gonna download Image until I read that!! Thought it was a true story :? You're supposed to put SPOILER ALERT!!! before revealing facts like that! jeeezzz!!! Wot y' like... eh? tch!tch!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

robertdguthrie

Mon May 05, 2014 6:22 pm Post

Maybe I'm just a skeptic? It's not like I live next door to the dude, so maybe he does have homicidal love gods, a magical link to the Earth, and a mental bond with a wise-cracking dog.

Feel better, V?

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 pm Post

robertdguthrie wrote:Feel better, V?
No! Not really. However, since Atticus O’Sullivan does appear to have a lot in common with a certain younger Hirsuitum Posterious Weldercusi, circa 'way back in the swirling proverbial... I've ordered a copy of Image as an act of solidarity with the lad.
Best
Hirsuitum :wink:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.