Your Inner Fish

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:35 am Post

You might recall a few years back when they found the first well preserved fossils of a fish with the necessary bone structure required to crawl out of the water and muck about on land, now referred to as the Tiktaalik. This book is written by one of the lead palaeontologists responsible for putting the dig together, well above the Arctic Circle. So far I am only a few chapters in, and have learned an incredible amount of information regarding things as basic as how fossils are located in the modern era, and what it takes to get a crew of people where the right rocks are.

If you have even a passing interest in natural science and the study of how all the pieces of the human body came to be the way they are, this is one book you shouldn't miss.

Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body, by Neil Shubin (2008); in hardback and Kindle formats. Paperback in early 2009. ISBN-13: 978-0375424472
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ve
Vermonter17032

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:03 pm Post

Amber,

Thank you for that recommendation. It sounds like a fascinating book -- hmmm, I think I'll have to add it to my Christmas list for Santa.

ll
llmember

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:55 am Post

Ah shucks, I come from a rib. My husband come from dirt. Funny thing is, I believe it. :D
How do I love Scrivener? Let me count the ways......