Exporting to Word

st
stsmiley775
Platform: Windows

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:01 pm Post

Only after updating yesterday, once I export to Word, I cannot print the document. It says the document doesn't exist and i've never had that problem before. Could this be an issue with the new update?

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 pm Post

Who is "it" that says the document doesn’t exist? Word?
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

st
stsmiley775

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:16 pm Post

When i try to resave it in Word it says it doesn't exist (which might have just been a one-off problem).

When i print it after opening it in word (after exporting), the printer says it prints it, it doesn't stay in the printer queue, but nothing prints. I can print other documents that I open in word, but I cant print anything I export from Scrivener and open in Word....

EM
EMPisek

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:18 pm Post

Check to verify that the your printer is what its supposed to be printing to and not say a fax or file. I just exported several different parts of one of my stories to .docx and opened it within word. I was also able to print it out with no problems.

At one time the default printer from several of my stories was arbitrarily changed to either a file or fax and I had to manual change it back, I can't remember which.

That is just my suggestion.
:arrow: I'm not just a tester,.. I'm a user :!: