Project title & full name meta data?

Ch
CheezBallz
Platform: Windows

Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm Post

For the life of me, I can't figure out where to edit the project title and my full name - basically the project properties. I'm using Anthony Johnston's comics template and it's referring to a menu that has moved somewhere else (Project > Meta-Data Settings… > Project Properties). I tried searching the PDF to no avail, same with searching the menus.

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:01 pm Post

It's now available via the compile window. The right-side pane has a few icons near the top, one of which leads you to author, abbreviated title, and full title fields.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

Jestar
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:24 pm Post

CheezBallz wrote:For the life of me, I can't figure out where to edit the project title and my full name - basically the project properties. I'm using Anthony Johnston's comics template and it's referring to a menu that has moved somewhere else (Project > Meta-Data Settings… > Project Properties). I tried searching the PDF to no avail, same with searching the menus.

You can also get to the author info in Options->General->Author Information
Win 10 Ent. 64-Bit 20H2
Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3,4 GHz (Quadcore) 32 GB RAM
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
NVIDIA Quadro K600
Scrivener Version: Version: 1.9.16.0 - 14 Nov 2019 & Version: 3.0.1.0 (1274136) 64-bit - 28 Apr 2021

Ch
CheezBallz
Platform: Windows

Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:52 pm Post

rdale wrote:It's now available via the compile window. The right-side pane has a few icons near the top, one of which leads you to author, abbreviated title, and full title fields.

THANK YOU! I totally overlooked those icons when I checked the Compile multiple times. It already had my first & last name, which I'm guessing from Options > General > Author Information?

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:28 pm Post

That seems about right (I don't have access to the windows beta at the moment). The Options setting is for setting the Scrivener default for all projects, whereas the compile setting is for that specific project, overriding the application's default.

Note that if you have one or more title pages, you can use the scrivener "placeholder tags" instead of just typing out the author and title information on those pages. That way, a change in application's default, or the specific project's overridden values is automatically reflected wherever you want them placed in your project.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

Amickie
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:35 pm Post

Yeah, if you don't put anything in the compile metadata yourself, that information will be pulled from whatever is provided under General > Author Information. Barring that, it'll draw from your system user name.
Alex
Literature & Latte Support Team