Beta 8 - issue with older iPad conversion at first

User avatar
narrsd
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:34 pm
Platform: Win + iOS

Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 am Post

I've been using an original iPad 2 with the beta for more than a year, and it's been fine. The difference today is that I initiated this project on the iPad, instead of on the Win10 laptop.

What happened will show in the screenshot below: a conversion was announced by Scrivener Win10, but then when it opened, the single page in the project wasn't visible when selected -- rather the screen alerted 'Not enough text Items' - a kind of strange message really, but the main thing is that my text wasn't there.

I closed and reopened Scrivener, and then the project acted normally, showing my page for edit. I closed on laptop, opened the now-converted version on the iPad, and it was finet. I made a tiny edit, putting an extra period on an ellipsis, and transferred it. The result on the laptop was fine, now including this update.

I'm sending the saved original project and the conversion to Tiho, as his is the privacy email I have, The picture of what I first saw follows.

Thanks,
Clive

not-enough-text.png
not-enough-text.png (90.08 KiB) Viewed 159 times

User avatar
narrsd
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:34 pm
Platform: Win + iOS

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 pm Post

Sorry, should have titled this RC8 -- couldn't seem to update it :upsidedownsmile: