Mon May 25, 2020 6:01 pm Post
Mon May 25, 2020 6:10 pm Post
Tue May 26, 2020 11:30 am Post
fadedwave wrote:After playing around some more, I managed to fix the problem 1 regarding the title page. I didn't realize that I would have to create a separate section style called title page in project settings, and then assign that as "as-is" in Compile. Is there a way to make this more user-friendly? If a template is including a title page, shouldn't this all happen automatically?
Changing my style for parts to as-is also seems to work better than choosing part number. That gets me the page break.
Tue May 26, 2020 1:17 pm Post
1. To get rid of those obnoxious # signs in your blank page, you need to alter a setting.
2. To make sure your Part has a page break after it as well as before it -- we had some trouble with this earlier in the Beta. Make sure, in Separators, that you've got those set. Make sure, in Section Layouts, that the checkbox in the Title column is checked for that layout. You may want to make sure that "Override..." box is checked (or unchecked, perhaps) in Section Layouts / Formatting (bottom of the page). This may be still buggy, and if this does not work, please report it.
3. To assign a working section separator: In the Assign Layout portion of the first Compile dialog, assign your Text sections to a section layout (I assigned my "Scene" type to Section Text). Double click your profile.
Select Separators. Select the layout (in my case, Section Text) where you want that "* * * * *" separator between text sections (I'm assuming you want them between project pieces such as documents or scenes. Otherwise, this becomes a bit more difficult). Change the "Separator between sections" and enter your custom separator. At the bottom of that dialog, it should have a button to specifiy the font for custom separators. This should work (I selected a font of 36 points to make sure I saw them, and tested this just now).
However, Scrivener uses the Abbreviated Title (click your project profile, and in the 2nd tab of the 3rd section of the dialog box, you'll see the compile metadata) in the header, and if you leave the Abbreviated Title out of the compile data, it defaults to the Project filename. That was unexpected, honestly. I expected it to default to the Title in the compile metadata. This may be a bug, or it might be intentional. Not sure.
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1048 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm
Users browsing this forum: JJSlote and 13 guests