[LH4563] Dragging and dropping a PDF shortcut into another open project corrupts it

ScrivTrex
Platform: Windows

Thu May 21, 2020 2:17 am Post

Dragging and dropping a PDF shortcut into another open Scrivener project throws the following error message and fails to open the PDF in the Editor:

Code: Select all

Scrivener is unable to load this PDF file due to following error:
PDF file was damaged and couldn't be repaired
You can try to open the PDF file in external editor.

How can I prevent this from happening? Thanks.
I'm a programmer at heart and a heart at programming. :)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909)
Intel core i7 (920 @2.67GHz)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSD
Western Digital 1TB HDD
24GB RAM
Scrivener 3 for Windows

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu May 21, 2020 8:09 am Post

Thanks, this has been filed. Until this is fixed, the only way I can see around it is to import the file afresh in the other project using the Import > Research File as Shortcut... command. What's happening now is that Scrivener is copying over the shortcut file but treating it as a regular file of the type, hence the error.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

ScrivTrex
Platform: Windows

Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm Post

MimeticMouton wrote:Thanks, this has been filed. Until this is fixed, the only way I can see around it is to import the file afresh in the other project using the Import > Research File as Shortcut... command. What's happening now is that Scrivener is copying over the shortcut file but treating it as a regular file of the type, hence the error.

Thank you for this. Yes, that's what I'm doing now. I'm just recreating the PDF shortcuts via File > Import > Research Files as Shortcuts, although it's very time consuming and unproductive. I look forward to using this fixed feature. Thanks. :)
I'm a programmer at heart and a heart at programming. :)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909)
Intel core i7 (920 @2.67GHz)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSD
Western Digital 1TB HDD
24GB RAM
Scrivener 3 for Windows