another super list of fixes

bi
biblioman
Platform: Windows

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:50 pm Post

narrsd wrote:
biblioman wrote:so far as you are so perfectly satisfied with the product, I am not sure why don't you consider purchase of the full version 2 for Windows right now, before the version 3 final release?

This is a very good suggestion from @biblioman, as far as supporting the Scrivener team if you haven't purchased already, certainly deserved.

Thanks, @narrsd. Just in case, the suggestion was not only for those who have got no any license yet, but for those (and mostly for those) who own an old license for Scrivener 2, i.e. eligible for the update discount. Have got one old v2 license and happy of the v3 Beta? Just consider buying second full v2 one. ))

kl
klester

Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:39 pm Post

biblioman wrote:Well, guys, so far as you are so perfectly satisfied with the product, I am not sure why don't you consider purchase of the full version 2 for Windows right now, before the version 3 final release? It is $45, so by buying it, you will: (1) get your full license for Scrivener 3 beforehand; (2) express your gratitude to the developers by paying $20.5 more than the price of the update (i.e. 45% discount), (3) help these brave and smart people to survive and go on further improving your favourite tool. So simple. (I just did it in some March 2018.)

Hmmm, that's an interesting thought. I already own version 2 from way back, so that thought hadn't occurred to me. You're saying that if I rebuy version 2, the latest version unlocks the Beta so I don't get the expiration warning any longer?

EM
EMPisek

Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:42 pm Post

Nothing unlocks the beta as there is neither a place or a key to be inserted. As it is stated on L&L's website if anyone purchases the currently released version '1.9.16' then when the beta is finally released those owners will be eligible for a free upgrade.
:arrow: I'm not just a tester,.. I'm a user :!:

ph
philmayes

Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:09 pm Post

klester wrote:The only fear I have is the thought that the programmers might have a personal tragedy or other problem that might cause them to miss a beta deadline, which would essentially cut me off from my latest book.

I used to be a programmer, too, and I deeply appreciate the approach this team is taking to the release.

One workaround to a missed beta deadline might be to set back the clock on your machine. I haven't tested this out, but unless they are using file timestamps, it should work.

EM
EMPisek

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:59 am Post

Wow! Another massive amount of fixes being noted. It looks like you've been very, very busy. And a month to test as well. It looks like great progress. Great job.
:arrow: I'm not just a tester,.. I'm a user :!: