[LH1814] Revision color being lost between Mac and Windows opening the same file ( not at the same time)

to
tonyollivier
Platform: Windows

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 pm Post

Hi,

I'm sharing a project via dropbox to my writing partner. I'm on the latest 3.0 beta on windows and she's on a mac.

Occasionally ( and we can't tell when), text that I've added in Revision mode changes color for me - but once and a while, my partner opens the project ( after I've closed it) and the colors of what I've edited is gone ( just back to black)

Anyone else see this?

th
thePhilosoraptor

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:58 pm Post

Thanks. This has been filed.
Bryan Bender

pa
paravel

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:12 am Post

I get this with IOS.
If I've got a document with revisions and just look at it on my iPhone it appears exactly the same when I next edit it in this version. BUT if I make any changes to the iPhone version all my revisions switch-back to black when I open the file in this version. Not sure if this is a bug or just something not supported in the more cut-down IOS version?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:47 pm Post

This bug is going to impact every editor other than the Scrivener for Windows editor. The way it should work is that revisions should use simple text colour, which requires no special features to be built for it. They should even work in WordPad and copy and paste freely.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles