Session Target Time Reset Not Working

Sparrowhawk
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:31 pm Post

Hey Win Team,

I have my session target goal set to reset at midnight. When I opened up my project for the first time today, it still had the word count from yesterday, Reset on close seems to work correctly.

Target Goal does not reset.JPG
Target Goal does not reset.JPG (54.21 KiB) Viewed 584 times
You will find more evidence of the ridiculousness of humanity in the bathroom mirror than any other place in the world.

Ha
Hamster
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:11 pm Post

Just chiming in that I've run into this issue as well. I had to manually reset my session target this morning. At least for me, the behavior has been inconsistent. Some days it resets as expected and other days it does not.

kalidasa

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:15 pm Post

Ran into this issue too. Shut my computer down before midnight yesterday, reopened Scrivener this morning and my word count from yesterday's writing session was still showing.

La
LauraV

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:19 pm Post

This is an ongoing issue that I assume is late on the list of things to sort out, It's been like this for many beta versions.

Also, if you you don't have allow negatives ticked, and you cut more text than you have written for the day and paste it, your word count will reflect the number of words in the pasted text. Cutting more than you've written without allowing for negatives resets the word count to zero and then the pasted text becomes your new word count. So tick that box whether you want to allow negatives or not.