Beta Expires Soon

ja
jamoore87
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm Post

We're only a few days away from the current beta expiring. Any update on when the next beta will become available?

bi
biblioman

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:40 pm Post

Most probable, before October 31st, this year.

EM
EMPisek

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:55 pm Post

Please post your replies grievences before the end date. We know, we know, we know. Just like all the other times as the days come closer and closer. It's like the return of gas as with ulcers, or your Aunt Merle's sudden return and so forth. How many times we scurry to be the first and bring this up (as with yesterdays lunch).

As Dr. Smith from Lost in Space would say. Oh the pain. The pain.
Or a Loony Toons cartoon. Oh Agony, Agony.

And since it expires on All Hallows Eve, your guess is as good as mine on whether you get a Trick or a Treat.
Last edited by EMPisek on Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: I'm not just a tester,.. I'm a user :!:

ja
jamoore87

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:59 pm Post

EMPisek wrote:Please post your replies grievences before the end date. We know, we know, we know. Just like all the other times as the days come closer and closer. It's like the return of gas as with ulcers, or your Aunt Merle's sudden return and so forth. How many times we scurry to be the first and bring this up (as with yesterdays lunch).

Huh? What??

EM
EMPisek

Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:03 pm Post

jamoore87 wrote:
EMPisek wrote:Please post your replies grievences before the end date. We know, we know, we know. Just like all the other times as the days come closer and closer. It's like the return of gas as with ulcers, or your Aunt Merle's sudden return and so forth. How many times we scurry to be the first and bring this up (as with yesterdays lunch).

Huh? What??

Do a search on the Beta Forum about that question.

ja
jamoore87

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:51 am Post

Please refrain from replying unless you have useful information. Thank you!

EMPisek wrote:
jamoore87 wrote:

Huh? What??

The Great Edhead
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:04 am Post

jamoore87 wrote:We're only a few days away from the current beta expiring. Any update on when the next beta will become available?

Every single time the current beta is about to expire, someone posts asking when they'll release the next beta. Every time. Let that sink in for a moment. We're up to what beta 26 now? So that's twenty six times someone has asked this exact same question. Not only that, there have been other betas for different versions of Scrivener that we've experienced the same phenomenon. If you had spent a minute or two and searched or scrolled through the forum before asking the same question that has been asked more than two dozen times you would have learned from previous such posts that the next beta should come sometime before the current one expires. That's the most specific answer you're going to get, as no one save for the developers know and they aren't saying.

EM
EMPisek

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:12 am Post

jamoore87 wrote:Please refrain from replying unless you have useful information. Thank you!

EMPisek wrote:
jamoore87 wrote:
Huh? What??

I gave you an answer, just like we have given those who have asked many many times before you over previous beta's. It's old.

Now you should have your answer you wanted as well by either looking at Beta 27 which was just posted or by doing an update within Beta 26 which will now give a November 15 timestamp. Will you be asking before then as well?

ja
jamoore87

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 am Post

EMPisek wrote:
jamoore87 wrote:Please refrain from replying unless you have useful information. Thank you!

EMPisek wrote:

I gave you an answer, just like we have given those who have asked many many times before you over previous beta's. It's old.

Now you should have your answer you wanted as well by either looking at Beta 27 which was just posted or by doing an update within Beta 26 which will now give a November 15 timestamp. Will you be asking before then as well?

Do you work for L&L? I would hope not because your attitude is disrespectful and unnecessary! But either way, I will be reporting you to the admins for the forums as your comments/replies need to definitely be screened as I'm sure I'm not the only you've most likely been disrespectful to.

As for my asking again, no I will not. I asked today because Nanowrimo is coming up and I was curious. I didnt need disrespectful replies from you or anyone else. I just asked a question and got a snooty reply. This was actually the first time I had ever posted. Thanks for turning me off from posting again!

ja
jamoore87

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:24 am Post

The Great Edhead wrote:
jamoore87 wrote:We're only a few days away from the current beta expiring. Any update on when the next beta will become available?

Every single time the current beta is about to expire, someone posts asking when they'll release the next beta. Every time. Let that sink in for a moment. We're up to what beta 26 now? So that's twenty six times someone has asked this exact same question. Not only that, there have been other betas for different versions of Scrivener that we've experienced the same phenomenon. If you had spent a minute or two and searched or scrolled through the forum before asking the same question that has been asked more than two dozen times you would have learned from previous such posts that the next beta should come sometime before the current one expires. That's the most specific answer you're going to get, as no one save for the developers know and they aren't saying.

I am new here. Had never posted before. Was just curious. Didnt know it was going to cause a problem. Snotty comments are not necessary for someone asking a question.

As
Astaff
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:25 am Post

Waste of time commenting on the new posters asking about the beta expiry. It will always happen.

Bit like the 2000 address group email when idiots go Reply All with some dumb comment. No matter how many times you say ‘Don’t Reply All’ 10 or 20 idiots do!

At least they are only killing electrons, not trees.

ja
jamoore87

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:34 am Post

Astaff wrote:Waste of time commenting on the new posters asking about the beta expiry. It will always happen.

Bit like the 2000 address group email when idiots go Reply All with some dumb comment. No matter how many times you say ‘Don’t Reply All’ 10 or 20 idiots do!

Calling people idiots isnt necessary. I asked a question. I got disrespectful, unhelpful answers. I was new here. I was just curious. Call me an idiot, that's fine. This idiots reporting all comments to the forum admin. Delete the comments. I'm screen shotting them as well!

The Great Edhead
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:52 am Post

jamoore87 wrote:
Astaff wrote:Waste of time commenting on the new posters asking about the beta expiry. It will always happen.

Calling people idiots isnt necessary. I asked a question. I got disrespectful, unhelpful answers. I was new here. I was just curious. Call me an idiot, that's fine. This idiots reporting all comments to the forum admin. Delete the comments. I'm screen shotting them as well!

Well since you're new here I'll throw you a bone. It's considered polite in a help forum to use the search before asking a question. That's why you're getting so many 'snotty' answers.

Also, I would like to point out that, my answer told you everything you needed to know. So no, not all the answers were unhelpful.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:05 am Post

Ahem.

It was a simple question. While yes, it would be helpful if people would search for answers, it has taken longer to gripe about this one than it would have to just answer (or ignore) it and move on. Please find some other way to entertain yourselves.

Jamoore87, welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you appear to have rubbed some of our guests the wrong way. No, as you deduced, they do not represent L&L -- I'm the only participant in this thread (so far) who does.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:43 am Post

jamoore87 wrote:I am new here. Had never posted before. Was just curious. Didnt know it was going to cause a problem. Snotty comments are not necessary for someone asking a question.

In any Internet community that you are a new part of, it is a good course of action to spend some time reading and/or searching before you post a question, to see if it is a common question that has already been answered. The forums here have a wonderful search function that should help you if you decide to post future questions. Glad to have you here.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot