Code: Select all
Chapter 1 Chapter Heading Chapter
POV 1 Section Titled Section
Scene 1 Scene Section Text
Scene 2 Scene Section Text
POV 2 Section Titled Section
Scene 3 Scene Section Text
Scene 4 Scene Section Text
Left column = Document title / Center column = Section Type / Right Column = Section Layout
I want to use a custom separator between the POV sections but not the scenes. The compiled document does not contain the expected separators.
Steps to reproduce:
- Setup binder according to the table above
- Open Compile window and select Assign Section Layouts.
- Verify that the POV sections are using Titled Section layout and Scenes are using Section Text Layout.
- When done select format type Paperback or Manuscript (Others may have issues but I haven't tested them) and double click to edit.
- Select Separators in the navigation window > Select Section Text > in the area titled Separator Between Sections set it to Empty Line or Single Return
- Select Titled Section > In the area titled Separator Between Sections set it to Custom and enter "###" without quotes.
- Select Save
- Select Compile
When the document is compiled a separator is expected between the POV sections but none is displayed. It appears that they only work correctly for the Section Layout titled "Section Text."