[LH4050][LH4233] Continued problems with Lists / Bullets - moving up/down and changing indent [RC1]

ka
kagard
Platform: Windows

Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 pm Post

Greetings:

Just a confirmation here regarding moving list items. Moving list items up or down (Ctrl+Alt+up/down) creates the following problems:

• Editor positions to the top of the document.
  • A blank line is created between items after move.
  • Bullet may disappear

I'm working in Win10 (current as of today) on Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB of RAM.

Thanks,

Keith Gardner

Tr
Tridens92

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 pm Post

OP here, reporting back on bugs with vertical move of bullets (with CTRL-ALT-UP ARROW [DOWN ARROW]) in RC6:

SO EXCITED to see such great progress on this key feature for those of us who work in outlines, presentations, etc!

Four of the bugs I reported in an earlier post are resolved (yay!). The following List/Bullets bugs remain with RC6:

1) After using CTRL-ALT-UP ARROW [DOWN ARROW], you must manually deselect text before LEFT ARROW / RIGHT ARROW (or TAB / SHIFT-TAB) operations will work to move bullets left or right. Once text is deselected, sometimes a subsequent left or right move also requires a second keypress before Scrivener responds.

2) If you move an existing bullet vertically to the top or bottom of the window and continue moving it, the window doesn't scroll to keep the cursor visible on the screen.

3) Turning off bullets and turning them back on resets any customized bullet styles in the current list. This is an easy mistake for a user to make if, when attempting to hit the dropdown arrow on the Lists button on the toolbar, you accidentally click on the button itself. Toggling the List button off/on while in a list should respect the current bullet customization of that list.

4) Selecting more than one bullet and attempting to move (up/down, or left/right) doesn’t work. In MS Word, selecting multiple lines with bullets and then moving them will move them all, including respecting the multi-level indentation of the selected bullets.

5) Bullets will occasionally do the "cha cha" when shifting left or right with CTRL-ALT-LEFT/RIGHT. For instance, trying to shift the bullet to the right, the first press will sometimes shift it to the left, and subsequent presses will then shift it right. Maybe this is an Easter Egg? ;)

Scrivener for Windows team, my deepest thanks for giving attention to the Lists feature. It's truly going to transform my teaching and speaking in a way Scriv 1.x couldn't.

Tr
Tridens92

Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:22 pm Post

Bugs update for RC8:

[*]All bugs reported in my above post on RC6 still exist in RC8
[*]NEW with RC7 and RC8- Moving bullets up and down is now flattening the multi-level structure as the seleted bullet moves through it.

Thanks for your continued work.