Outlinner very sluggish and acting Wonky

Ga
GaryHx
Platform: Windows

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 pm Post

The outliner in Beta 13, version 2.9.0.13 (64 bit) is very sluggish. If I add a column or resize a column it goes into a long lag of thirty to forty-five seconds. Also, the outliner will sometimes rearrange itself, placing the columns in different order. The order is always different. I thought, perhaps I had a corrupted installation. Redownloaded the 64 bit installer and reinstalled. Nope. Outliner is still sluggish and wonky. Any Ideas?

rw
rwfranz

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 am Post

GaryHx wrote:The outliner in Beta 13, version 2.9.0.13 (64 bit) is very sluggish. If I add a column or resize a column it goes into a long lag of thirty to forty-five seconds. Also, the outliner will sometimes rearrange itself, placing the columns in different order. The order is always different. I thought, perhaps I had a corrupted installation. Redownloaded the 64 bit installer and reinstalled. Nope. Outliner is still sluggish and wonky. Any Ideas?

Hmm. The rearrangement thing has been there since a while. It's gotten better, but hasn't really been fixed.

It's slower than Beta 12 was; I get several seconds of delay when I add custom metadata. In trying to reproduce Miik's problem with delay, I got about 40 seconds of delay in adding a text field to custom metadata, and about 20 seconds in adding a date field. Adding them to the outliner caused significant delays.

This should not be; custom metadata is not stored in the content files; it's stored in the .scrivx file. And I understand about adding it to a hundred entries in that file, but still.

th
thePhilosoraptor

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 pm Post

Yes, the rearrangement issue when adding/changing custom metadata is a known issue.

As for the lag, has that continued in the new beta? Gotten better? Gotten worse?

Thank you for your help with this!
Bryan Bender

St
SteveCarterFrogstory

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 am Post

I don't have any problem with the outliner. I have a project with 80K words. I can add columns, rearrange columns, add and modify custom meta-data in the outliner, and the response is immediate.

Windows 64
Scrivener 2.9.0.14