[NB] Editing saved styles

br
brookter
Platform: Mac

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:22 am Post

Right oh.

Still, I hope this conversation will have least shown you (and any others watching) that there is a simple way to achieve what you want to do, even if the steps aren't to your liking at the moment. The developer will decide whether he wants to add the additional method in due course.

Do
Docom
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:21 pm Post

Of course there's a method - there's a method in Word and Latex too - the question is of ease and comfort. Editing styles through the text is like chopping vegetables on the dining table instead of in the kitchen - sure, it's possible, and "the veggies will eventually get there", but do you really want to do that? Wouldn't you rather do the prep in the kitchen and keep the table clean?

br
brookter
Platform: Mac

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm Post

I've already given you one way in which the current method is superior (the ability to see the effect of paragraph spacing in context): the process itself is simple, logical and 'comfortable'. Nothing you have suggested offers any practical advantages over this method: you're simply used to doing it a different way.

That's absolutely fine and the developer may well decide it's worth the additional programming effort to add another method of achieving the same thing. Until then you have a way of achieving what you want to do (which is why I replied in the first place, because it wasn't clear that you understood that it was possible). Unless you have any specific questions over the use of styles, I'll leave it there.

Do
Docom
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:22 pm Post

I've already given you one way in which the current method is superior

And I've shown you two in which it's inferior. That being said, I'm not suggesting taking it away, I'm suggesting an enhancement.

Nothing you have suggested offers any practical advantages over this method: you're simply used to doing it a different way.

The same could be said...

Cheers.