du
dushan
Platform: Windows

Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 am Post

Ha, yeah. Good luck!!! 8)

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu May 31, 2018 4:25 pm Post

Thanks again, everyone, for the testing and reports. We're hoping we've got this fixed and will be putting out an updated release, but before pushing it out for everyone, could those of you who've been regularly reproducing the crash try downloading and installing this update and see if it does in fact fix the crashing for you? This is not the full installer, so leave your current installation in place and just run this after downloading. This is for the 64-bit version, which I'm assuming from the thread title everyone is using.

(Link removed; the update is available from within Beta 5 using Help > Check for Updates, or as a full installer from the announcements page.)

Just report back here as to your success. If you're still getting the crashing, we'd greatly appreciate a zipped copy of the project and instructions for reproducing, sent to win3beta@literatureandlatte.com with a link to this thread. Thank you!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

bi
biblioman

Thu May 31, 2018 4:48 pm Post

Checked once more time before installing the patch (the project in use is the same Scrivener 3 new demo tutorial). Had stable and reliable crashes at 150% view. After what seems to be 2.9.0.6 was installed, all seems fine. Thanks a lot and my congratulations!

du
dushan

Thu May 31, 2018 5:01 pm Post

2nd confirm here! :D Doesn't crash any more – and updater even recognized the custom install folder! Thank you!

Ta
Tashe

Thu May 31, 2018 5:18 pm Post

MimeticMouton wrote:Thanks again, everyone, for the testing and reports. ........

Scriv-crash β6 update x64

Just report back here as to your success. If you're still getting the crashing, we'd greatly appreciate a zipped copy of the project and instructions for reproducing, sent to win3beta@literatureandlatte.com with a link to this thread. Thank you!

I think this fixed the problem. I'm not getting the crashes that occurred with the unpatched beta when I repeat the steps that led to those crashes, so that's a good sign. Good job!

garpu
Platform: Linux

Thu May 31, 2018 5:34 pm Post

Would a project that works be helpful? I can't reproduce this one, and I'm using a project converted from Scrivener 1.9.7.

ETA: I just updated as of about 5 minutes ago, so I'm not sure if I"m using the buggy version?
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu May 31, 2018 6:34 pm Post

Thanks, everyone! I've uploaded the full Beta 6 installer and the auto-updates. Those of you who've already downloaded and run the update to Beta 6 don't need to do anything further. I appreciate everyone's testing this issue!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Mr
MrDarcy

Thu May 31, 2018 7:46 pm Post

The crashes are gone, thank you for the quick update!