Manage --> Theme Preferences (Color Themes for main interface)

Tr
Tridens92
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:43 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 am Post

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum, but since it's related to Scriv 3 beta I figured I'd put it here.

I'm interested in saving (and exchanging) different color themes for the main interface. There are several threads on this on the forums. In one, MimeticMouton writes:

If you're talking about the main interface colours for the binder background, the editor, etc., these are common to all projects. You can save the appearance preference settings as a theme, however, from the "Manage..." menu in Scrivener > Preferences, and you can then quickly switch between themes when you change projects.


I don't see this option in the Scriv 3 beta. Is this a Mac only feature, or will it be included with Scriv 3 Windows, given you're aiming for feature parity? If I'm missing how to do this, please advise.

Relevant threads here:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30178&p=191805&hilit=color+theme#p191805
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34804&p=215377&hilit=color+themes#p215377

Thanks !

User avatar
StaceyUK
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 pm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 pm Post

I would like to know if this feature will be added as well.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

[b]Windows 10
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.9.17 Beta

de
defman
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 am Post

Me too. I wants my Scrivener dark, like old time writing with bright texts, bright green, or yellow, etc. Be nice to figure this out for my old WIndows 1 version of Scrivener, still waiting on the Windows 3 version, they say they're working on. Themes would makes it easier to just pick whichever themes, awesome idea.

User avatar
xiamenese
Posts: 4714
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:32 am
Platform: Mac
Location: London or Exeter, UK.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:12 pm Post

Since the last post in this thread dates from 2 years ago …
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
M1 MacBook Air (2021), 11.2.2, 16GB RAM, !TB SSID
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.7, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14.3, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

rw
rwfranz
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 pm
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:09 pm Post

It's there. Not so easy to adjust a theme the way I'd like, but it's all there.
Just another user.

wo
wordjoy
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 pm Post

defman wrote:Me too. I wants my Scrivener dark, like old time writing with bright texts, bright green, or yellow, etc. Be nice to figure this out for my old WIndows 1 version of Scrivener, still waiting on the Windows 3 version, they say they're working on. Themes would makes it easier to just pick whichever themes, awesome idea.



File>Options
Manage Button at lower left

de
defman
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 am
Platform: Windows

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 am Post

wordjoy wrote:
defman wrote:Me too. I wants my Scrivener dark, like old time writing with bright texts, bright green, or yellow, etc. Be nice to figure this out for my old WIndows 1 version of Scrivener, still waiting on the Windows 3 version, they say they're working on. Themes would makes it easier to just pick whichever themes, awesome idea.



File>Options
Manage Button at lower left


Already made it. Saved a file. But font are hard to find that are easy on the eyes . I set my backaground to pure black, and then changed the text colours to bright green. But hard to find fonts that look right.

Thanks for the suggestion.

wo
wordjoy
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 am
Platform: Windows

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm Post

defman wrote:
wordjoy wrote:
defman wrote:Me too. I wants my Scrivener dark, like old time writing with bright texts, bright green, or yellow, etc. Be nice to figure this out for my old WIndows 1 version of Scrivener, still waiting on the Windows 3 version, they say they're working on. Themes would makes it easier to just pick whichever themes, awesome idea.



File>Options
Manage Button at lower left


Already made it. Saved a file. But font are hard to find that are easy on the eyes . I set my backaground to pure black, and then changed the text colours to bright green. But hard to find fonts that look right.

Thanks for the suggestion.


From my OLD Days in Apple][, I set my composition mode text to amber on warm black, like my favorite monochrome monitor of that era. I sill remember the excitement of my first real wordprocesser for that Apple.> ScreenWriter ][

de
defman
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:57 am Post

wordjoy wrote:
defman wrote:
wordjoy wrote:

File>Options
Manage Button at lower left


Already made it. Saved a file. But font are hard to find that are easy on the eyes . I set my backaground to pure black, and then changed the text colours to bright green. But hard to find fonts that look right.

Thanks for the suggestion.


From my OLD Days in Apple][, I set my composition mode text to amber on warm black, like my favorite monochrome monitor of that era. I sill remember the excitement of my first real wordprocesser for that Apple.> ScreenWriter ][


Excellent idea, nice combo, thanks.