Version: 2.9.9.16 Beta (1183694) 64-bit - FEATURE REQUEST

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Mon May 03, 2021 9:38 pm Post

yssgrrl wrote:I keep seeing "use the compare..." but i have yet to find a button or option within Scrivener to compare...period!!
Not in the texts not in the snapshots, no where that i could find.

Will someone please tell me where this option/button is. Do i just have the wrong version of Scrivener???

What version # of Scrivener do you have? (Help > About)
I’m just a customer.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 am Post

Comparison is addressed within the built-in tutorial in the Help menu, in the short section on snapshots.

And of course the documentation for the Inspector tab itself, where snapshots are viewed, discusses comparison in §13.6.4, pg. 275.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Charlson
Platform: Win + iOS

Tue May 04, 2021 4:50 pm Post

yssgrrl wrote:I keep seeing "use the compare..." but i have yet to find a button or option within Scrivener to compare...period!!
Not in the texts not in the snapshots, no where that i could find.

Will someone please tell me where this option/button is. Do i just have the wrong version of Scrivener???

You're over-complicating matters! I'd just stick to the 'KISS' principle:

1) Use the backup option within Scrivener to create backup files (auto-zipped if you want). Put these wherever you think is safest.

2) Use the snapshot features in Scrivener to make snapshots within Scrivener. Compare these within Scrivener.

3) Use the Export/Import feature in Scrivener to export individual parts of your project to any external editor that does not have a native integration. Edit the file. Import it back into Scrivener.

[/quote]

When you have a document that has a snapshot open in your editor, select the snapshot tab of the inspector panel. Your snapshots are shown in the top half of the panel and, if you select a snapshot it is shown below that. Above the list of snapshots, just above the date, is a button that says "Compare".
Thanks,

Micah
ex-programmer and devoted fan

Scrivener for Windows 3
Version 3.0.0.0 (1238528) 64-bit - 23 Mar 2021
running on Windows 10 Home

Scrivener for Windows
Version 1.9.16.0 - 14 Nov 2019
running on Windows 10 Home