IOS 13 public beta bug: Dropbox syncing

Hu
HughG
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:22 pm Post

Hello, I just wanted to report an additional bug with the iOS 13 public beta 5 and 6. Scrivener has stopped being able to sync at all. Whenever I attempt to sync the app crashes. Also when I attempt to click on the Scrivener settings in the settings app it also crashes. I believe in earlier versions of the public beta I was able to sync, now now I have crushes on both my iPad and iPhone.
Thank you, I look forward to an update!

JS
JSSmith83
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 pm Post

man that’s frustrating. I’m on the latest beta and i’m not seeing this issue at all. Might try resetting the app or something

kewms
Platform: Mac

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:12 pm Post

Can you confirm that Dropbox itself works correctly in the beta?

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Hu
HughG

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm Post

I'm sorry I did not respond sooner. As of the new iOS beta today (13.1) the app is now syncing on my iPhone. I am updating the iPad to the same version to see if it is fixed there. Thank you for the responses!

Hu
HughG

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:24 pm Post

UPDATE: When I updated iOS (or iPadOs) the iPad still would not sync. However, when I changed the sync folder to the approved Dropbox location and copied over my files, the problem was fixed. That will teach me to use a custom folder...

ch
christoski
Platform: Mac

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:08 pm Post

HughG wrote:UPDATE: When I updated iOS (or iPadOs) the iPad still would not sync. However, when I changed the sync folder to the approved Dropbox location and copied over my files, the problem was fixed. That will teach me to use a custom folder...

I ran into a similar situation. I pulled everything out of dropbox (previously not inside the default folder), made sure all files were in the latest file format version (had some old Scriv 2 files), and then copied them one-by-one back into the default Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener folder. Sync seems to be working now.

Running 13.1 beta on 2018 iPad Pro.