Scrivener iOS syncing via Dropbox continues to crash the app

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:37 pm Post

AmberV wrote:
gyokusai wrote:But as soon as I work on any Scrivener project on my Mac or iPad, sync breaks down again and I have to repeat the above prodecure.

That is likely because Scrivener doesn’t run a full file system scan if the top-level folders indicate no modification date change from the last sync. This way if you sync twice in a row, the second time you try it will simply detect nothing further needs to be done. It’s the same code that draws the icons on projects, indicating their current sync status.

But removing or adding a project to the sync folder from the Mac side makes syncing work, according to @gyokusai. Doesn’t that indicate the opposite from what you stated?
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running Mojave.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:44 pm Post

I was responding specifically to why no file list would be downloaded until projects have been modified. As I understand it, the checklist being described is a way they found to get the file list download working, and so conditions where the file list is not being generated in the first place are not relevant to whether it works or not.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

gyokusai
Platform: Mac

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:52 pm Post

lunk wrote:Does it suffice to have a really small, almost empty project to move out and back in?

Thanks for asking, I tried. Sadly, no—with a 100kb project, it didn’t work. Beats me why not, though.
----------------------
iMac Retina 5K 27-inch (Late 2015) | macOS 10.14.6
iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd Gen | iPadOS 13.3

ma
matthiasruot
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:31 pm Post

I am sad that this post, after several month does not offer solutions.
I have got the problem since december
I could recover by restoring my projects one by one but the problem happened again.
I 100% agree with the symptoms described by the users.
It was working fine since several years.
Best regards