Feature Request: More visible/accessible Word Counts

lu
luxBorealis
Platform: iOS

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:58 pm Post

Great iOS app. On my second novel using Scrivener on iPad only.

In a perfect world . . . It would be helpful to have word counts visible/accessible in two additional places:
1. On the project Binder panel on the left under each chapter title/status. This is helpful for seeing without clicking ‘under-written’ chapters and those that may need splitting.
2. Within a chapter/document, for example, tapping a point in the document and somewhere (on the black ‘contextual’ menu bubble that appears or somewhere else on the page) there appears data such as: Total # words preceding cursor; Total # words following cursor; and Total # words in this doc. Perhaps it could be implemented like the very stylish ‘Targets’ bubble (though I personally don’t find it useful on a ‘Session’ basis, but rather on a Chapter basis - perhaps it could be implemented this way?) This would be helpful as a “how far have I come” and “how much further to go” feature.

Thanks for considering it.

sm
smile
Platform: Windows

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am Post

Awesome. Well done you on the two novel front!

Have you made any adjustments to how you use it on a PC/Mac to how you use it on the iPad?

(Good idea on the word count front by the way).

lu
luxBorealis
Platform: iOS

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:32 pm Post

I only use iOS Scrivener. I’ve written on a Mac using Pages, Docs even MacJournal, then switched over to using an iPad for writing, using these same apps. Then I found iOS Scrivener and have never looked back. I rarely use the iPad keyboard, preferring the slower pace of the on-screen keyboard to allow me to develop sentences and structure and word choices as I type. It works for me, but I’m sure many others might find it too slow.

mi
miletbaker
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:58 am Post

Yes +1 for better word count visibility