Session Target

mk
mklapheke
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 am Post

Hi. I recently got an iPad and installed Scrivener (and I'm very happy with Scrivener- thanks!). I noticed that session target information is shared between MAC and iPad (and PC), but neither one now resets at midnight like it did when I was just using the Mac.

I have to manually reset them on one of the platforms, then they reset on the other.

I also have Scrivener for PC, but I don't use it often because I'm waiting for the official 3 release.

Is there a way I can change this back to automatically resetting at midnight? I like to use session targets to help keep me focused.

Thanks

Mike

mk
mklapheke

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm Post

Anyone have an idea?

Silverdragon
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 pm Post

When I open the project for the first time in the morning, if I do so on the Mac, then the project target is reset. If I do so on the iPad, not so much.

I note that iOS Scrivener does not have any way to set an automatic session reset. The only way that session counter resets happen if I only use iOS is if I manually reset it. I therefore conclude that in order for automatic session resets to work, Mac must be the last to view the project the night before, and first to view the project in the morning. Then iOS will copy the Mac session targets.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps.
So you know where I'm coming from:
  • I'm a user, not an L&L employee.
  • Mac Scrivener 3.1.3, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
  • IOS Scrivener 1.1.5; iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.4; iPad 6th gen, iOS 12.4

mk
mklapheke

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:45 am Post

Thanks for responding. That’s what I thought, but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction to fix it. It’s not that big of a deal, but it would be very handy to have it reset from the iPad.