Scrivener for iOS not syncing updates

ru
rubenecampos
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 pm Post

I'm new to the boards. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to troubleshoot my problem, I have used Scrivener on my Mac and my iPad, seemlessly syncing through Dropbox, for over a year now. Since the 27th of November 2017, there has been no actual syncing between the two programs. When I sync from one device, there is no update on the other despite process looking successful. I have already attempted to unlink/relink my iOS app from Dropbox. I've also tried to reopon the scrivener project directly from the Dropbox Folder on my desktop. Can anyone help me, please?

We
Werewolfindisguise
Platform: Mac

Tue May 19, 2020 6:04 pm Post

I’m having the same issue. Not sure why the devs haven’t responded yet, this is rather disappointing.

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue May 19, 2020 6:49 pm Post

Do you have the Dropbox app installed on the Mac?
Which Dropbox folder is your iPad Scrivener set to sync with?

Could you provide screenshots of how the iPad is set up and how that folder looks in Finder on your Mac?
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running Mojave.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

kewms

Tue May 19, 2020 6:51 pm Post

This forum is primarily for peer-to-peer support. To contact our "official" support channel, please open a ticket here:
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

A troubleshooting guide for iOS synchronization can be found here:
https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb ... os-syncing

A useful intermediate step is to inspect your account at dropbox.com via a web browser.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

je
jesuslpgc
Platform: Windows

Thu May 21, 2020 10:11 am Post

I have started having the same issue today... Several pages of text written on my iPad mini has disappeared without a trace.... I have issue a ticket, but the text is irreplaceable.

We
Werewolfindisguise

Mon May 25, 2020 6:04 am Post

Turns out I had a local copy saved to my Mac and forgot to put it in the sync folder, totally on me. I appreciate the response and hope that OP’s problem can be solved.