Update coming?

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:16 pm Post

I've been planning it for about 5 years now. Maybe a little longer. I could do it physically finally, but now have "life" in the way. Some day it will be done.

It was "The Way" (the movie) that did it for me. Hit me at a time when I needed to do some rediscovery and it was the motivation I needed. Along the path of preparation the needed "who am I" got answered and now... I'm less driven. Still intend to do it, but no longer feel that I must.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:07 pm Post

Another fan of The Way. Perhaps we can organise a walk for Scrivener users…though I'm an atheist to the core.
Account closed January 2017

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:02 am Post

That would be very cool! I don't think one needs be religious to benefit from a pilgrimage, BTW -- one can simply call it a real-life hero's journey. :)
--
Devin L. Ganger
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

nontroppo

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:26 am Post

I much prefer Buñuel's interpretation of El Camino!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Milky_Way_(1969_film)

:D

Br
Briar Kit

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:04 am Post

devinganger wrote:That would be very cool! I don't think one needs be religious to benefit from a pilgrimage, BTW -- one can simply call it a real-life hero's journey. :)

I agree. Every experience (whether a long walk, gazing at the stars, talking with strangers, etc) is a both a pilgrimage and a homage to life and living. An interesting ensemble—a man with a fine green plumage, a headless man, and a fat cherub. Wonder if we can convince others to join us on the road less travelled?

Br
Briar Kit

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:06 am Post

nontroppo wrote:I much prefer Buñuel's interpretation of El Camino!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Milky_Way_(1969_film)

:D

We're all going to have to add that to our films-to-watch lists.

narrsd
Platform: Win + iOS

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 am Post

AmberV wrote:Oh? It doesn't look like I've received it for some reason. Well, if you compare my location tag with what it was a fortnight ago, that might explain the period of silence from my end at any rate. ;)

Hmm. It doesn't seem to exist; expect the Nisse (gremlins) got it.

You'll be happy to know however that i chivvied you about your new locale in this piece also, which doesn't exist.

Iceland is a great place in the dark of the year; hope you found it so. Spain, a country I think you could spend whole lives in for its varieties in regions, each its own customs and flavors, all with mountains and great distances between. You can really understand Don Quixote if you travel there some.

Anyway, I hope much enjoyment to you, Ioa.

Clive

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:44 pm Post

Iceland was beautiful in the sort of way I care for. Dense fog whipped around mostly unseen mountains, the smell of the sea in your hair and a landscape that almost looks like you might imagine Martian to be after a century of terraforming, all around a little cabin on a coastal cliff in the formidable shadow of old Snæfellsjökull.

We got lucky with some really cheap tickets, they seem to be pushing tourism, so as a port of entry into the EU, it's not a bad choice on the wallet or the senses.

At any rate, I'm humbled to make Compostela my home for a little while. So if any of you manage to find yourself here with sore ankles and in want of ale or tea and some yak about novels, let me know. :)

Oh, and Yes to anything Buñuel!
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

qu
quadfive
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 pm Post

Scrivener has been amazing to work with--both on the desktop and now IOS. I had a wickedly minor question: is there any chance you will update the Scrivener iOS icon to reflect the updated "S" found in the documentation? The refined look would fit perfectly in the IOS icon ecosystem.

Thanks for reading!
quad

ak
ako

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 am Post

AmberV wrote:At any rate, I'm humbled to make Compostela my home for a little while. So if any of you manage to find yourself here with sore ankles and in want of ale or tea and some yak about novels, let me know. :)

I'm sure you will enjoy living there. It's been a very interesting place with the magnificent cathedral and a lot of other sights and parks to visit. After 5 week on the trail it was a bit of a sensual overflow to me, buzzing with peregrinos and tourigrinos from all over the world. Nevertheless a great source of inspiration, given the history of it.

As we have so many camino-interested users of Scrivener here, it should not take too long until the first camino book written in Scrivener is out... :D