How to rearrange folders in Scrivener iOS

bo
bookman
Platform: Windows

Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:10 am Post

After enough time spent googling the subject, I figured out how to add a new folder, how to move that folder into the root project, and how to move files between folders. However, I have not discovered how to rearrange folders. For example, I use folders for chapters. I add a chapter that I want to be positioned between two others. I make a new folder, but it goes to the bottom of the folder list in the Binder. How can I move that folder up the list to the position I need it to be between say, chapter 5 and chapter 6 where it will become the new chapter 6?

Thank you.
Bookman53

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:37 am Post

This is done in standard iOS fashion. At the top of the Binder is an Edit button. Tap that. Your Binder stuff is now draggable. Tap Done when done.

-gr

P.S. If you select something in the Binder first and then add the new item, it will be created right below the currently selected item -- rather than at the bottom of the Binder.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

markfasano
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:24 am Post

Update: Beaten to the punch ...

1. Tap Edit
IMG_1349 copy.jpg
IMG_1349 copy.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

2. Long press the three-line icon next to your desired folder, drag, release
IMG_1348 copy.jpg
IMG_1348 copy.jpg (69.14 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

3. Tap Done
IMG_1347 copy.jpg
IMG_1347 copy.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

bo
bookman
Platform: Windows

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:29 am Post

Thanks a million. I tried long pressing and dragging, etc., but not with the three lines. I've had my iPad for just a while and have not learned every trick with it yet. Your suggestions worked perfectly.
Bookman53

markfasano
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:25 am Post

bookman wrote:Thanks a million. I tried long pressing and dragging, etc., but not with the three lines. I've had my iPad for just a while and have not learned every trick with it yet. Your suggestions worked perfectly.

Another way to move folders/files in the iOS binder:

1. Tap Edit
2. Tap empty checkmark circle(s) to select folder/file row(s) you want to move
3. Once selected, tap four-way arrow icon (bottom left of screen). A row of directional arrows will appear.
4. Tap directional arrow to move folder(s)/file(s)
5. Tap Done

Note: You can move multiple rows simultaneously in this manner, and they don't have to be contiguous. Pretty wild.