Fonts: again.

es
especiale
Platform: Mac

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:00 pm Post

I have a question about fonts upload.

I have a font with stylistic variations: xxx.otf; xxxbold.otf, xxxitalic.otf, xxxsemibold.otf, etc. I have uploaded all the variants but it seems that none of the variants are recognized by the app.

If I want to apply italics for instance I do not see the xxxitalic.otf but only the xxx.otf. On the contrary on the desktop I can apply the variant but the text in the iOs app is not rendered.

So it seems to me unecessary to upload the font variants. Is this the case?

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:39 pm Post

You will need all variants, yes. Where are you placing them? Inside the /Fonts folder inside the Dropbox sync folder?

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

es
especiale

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:06 pm Post

Thank you Keith.

I have the fonts stored in the right location (Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener/Fonts/). In this folder I have few fonts (GaramondPremrPro.otf; GaramondPremrPro-It.otf; etc.). And now I can see in the iOs app text where I can choose the variant italic in the Garamond Family: it is hidden behind the little (i)!!!! (Strange)!!!

Now if I apply the variant to a portion of text in the iOs app it stays correctly in the desktop file: Garamond Premiere Pro italic in iOs -> Garamond Premiere Pro italic in desktop. As soon as I go back, after few changes even of one letter (without changing the styled text!), the formatted text transforms itself in Helvetica italic (and this transformations remains If I go back to the desktop file)! Is this an issue with the font? A general issue?

Thanks.
PS A related question: may I delete the folder Fonts once the inside fonts are uploaded to the iOs App? Or I should keep it forever on Dropbox?

PPS. I have done some experiment and it seems that the fonts Didot and Baskerville have not issue: they remain intact in different variants in both iOs and Desktop.

PPPS: more experiments. It seems that the issue is with the font Garamond Premiere Pro Italic and Bold (and not with Italic caption: strange). Now another question: how do I remove this font from the list of fonts?