iOS with OneDrive please!

ja
jacquot
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:42 am Post

Gordon Robb wrote:Well I have dropbox (pretty much on ly for scriv now), one drive (for most things), google drive, Adobe Cloud and Apple iCloud, all set up on my PC and all syncing perfectly. Honestly, just set up a dropbox and only still your scriv stuff in there. It works a treat.

Thanks Gordon. It's still working with both., and it's good to know I'm not alone :D Do your icons work properly, or do you have some missing?

narrsd
Platform: Win + iOS

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:29 pm Post

jacquot wrote:
rdale wrote:Although I trimmed shell icons down from 18 to 15, OneDrive still doesn't show any ticks. When it's synching the system tray icon tells me it's doing so, although it's unhelpfully inexplicit about precisely what it's doiing, unlike Dropbox which provides a list of files being synched. Still undecided as to whether to keep the setup.

The key is that only the first few (3, 4, 5?) of the icons in registry order will ever be used, whichever software they belong to. The overall number doesn't matter. I preserve mine for something more important than syncing state, which is either taken care of or it isn't, and you shouldn't be trying to beat the clock or other warnings about this.

As far as running multiple syncing systems, I run about four. But -- each has its own root folder, with files/folders beneath that only involved with that one syncing system.

I wouldn't ever do else, as you would then be only inviting real trouble. The same trouble that Keith's intricate work removes, for multiple _clients_ running under the _same_ syncing arrangement.

Dropbox: it's reliable (!), it's free for any reasonable number of Scrivener files, and it's the one all the work Keith could reasonably do has been done with. It also has any number of nice-to-have features. I'd say, a no-brainer just to use it, and be glad?

Go
Gordon Robb
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:45 pm Post

jacquot wrote:
Gordon Robb wrote:Well I have dropbox (pretty much on ly for scriv now), one drive (for most things), google drive, Adobe Cloud and Apple iCloud, all set up on my PC and all syncing perfectly. Honestly, just set up a dropbox and only still your scriv stuff in there. It works a treat.

Thanks Gordon. It's still working with both., and it's good to know I'm not alone :D Do your icons work properly, or do you have some missing?

Sorry, which icons?