International Customers - iTunes Store

Ha
Haidee
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm Post

Congratulations on now providing an IOS version of Scrivener! I have been using a Scrivener for 2 years now and have a Windows and Mac license. I was so excited to hear about this good news that I went and purchased my first iPad so I could use Scrivener on the go. I am an American ex-pat living in Thailand and was saddened to learn that I could not purchase the IOS version because I must buy through the Thailand iTunes store.

Could you please make Scrivener available to all international customers so we who are living abroad can purchase this exciting new addition to the Scrivener family?

Thanks!

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:41 am Post

We are a very small company, and don't have the accountancy resources to administer local taxes in every country internationally, so I'm afraid we can only offer Scrivener through the App Store in those countries where Apple handle the local tax issues. Unfortunately they don't do that in Thailand (amongst other countries), so we are currently unable to offer Scrivener through the Thai App Store. Sorry.

All the best,
Astrid
Literature & Latte support team

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:08 am Post

Hopefully, with some of the cash-flow from iOS scrivener, you could expand your company, so that incidences like this won't happen.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:47 pm Post

It will be some time before we break even on the iOS version. I doubt it is every going to pay for accountants across the world (have you ever checked how much accountants cost?)...

Haidee - thanks for the kind words! We find it equally frustrating that we are unable to sell Scrivener into all territories. It's strange that Apple is so limited in the countries for which it handles sales tax. eSellerate, which runs the store on our website, is a much smaller company but handles sales tax everywhere. We are therefore able to sell into far more countries via our own site than we are through Apple, but of course, it's not possible to sell our iOS version anywhere else but through Apple.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."