Scrivener/Sente on iPad pro

ma
magar
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:44 pm Post

Looking for url or guidance on linking cite from Sente to Scrivener on iPad Pro.

Jo
Jordi Mora

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:09 pm Post

magar wrote:Looking for url or guidance on linking cite from Sente to Scrivener on iPad Pro.

Not an answer to your question, but I'm now looking for alternatives to Sente which seems to have been abandoned for iPad. The Mac version runs ok, but syncing to iOS is pretty hit and miss. No-one seems to like Papers either these days.

ma
marcoiac
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:03 am Post

I don't think there is a way of using any reference manager on iOS the way you use it on MacOS. I may be wrong. But definitely Sente for iOS never had that capability of entering ref info into a word processor (or text editor) document, so that you can later scan it. Sente is like a shipwreck at this point. I am surprised it still works on MacOS. Support disappeared almost a year ago. I am slowly warming up to Zotero and ReadCube. Bookends users rave about it. The advantage of both Zotero and ReadCube is that they won't likely vanish like Sente seems doomed to. Bookends developer seems very committed to the product, but still an indie developer, so, there is some residual risk there

mi
mikeagar

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:36 pm Post

Thanks for the comments. I haven't used Sente in quite a while, so one thing I just learned was, I better not make long-range plans involving it. I didn't realize it was in decline.
Mike

Cassady
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:17 pm Post

Jon over at Bookends, more specifically Bookends on Tap - upon our queries regarding the interaction between BoT and Scrivener iOS, has told us to wait for the soon-to-be-released update following iOS10. He's (wisely) made no promises, and not alluded/committed to anything specific - but if I were to place a wager on which iOS reference manager would be first to integrate with Scrivener in a useful fashion, it would be them.

BoT is rocksolid. And I've yet to see a Mac app that enjoys so many frequent updates and feature additions as Bookends. Yup, he's an indie developer (and I think the only developer on the macOS side), so there are some risks I guess long-term, but then again - compared to the benefits to be had now, it's a no-brainer imo.