Keyboard navigation

sw
swilcox

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:05 pm Post

I just bought a new iPad Pro 9.7 " and the Apple SmartKeyboard. [I'm pretty surprised how easy it is to type on this small keyboard.) I have a question about the keyboard support.

I see that I can select a project from the binder using up/down arrow keys and right arrow. Once in a project I can again use up/down to navigate among documents. But is there a shortcut to move the cursor into the EDITOR once I have selected a document in the binder?

Keyboard support is already wonderful, but I hope you'll continue to add keyboard shortcuts.

Li
LittleHouse75
Platform: Mac

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:30 pm Post

swilcox,

I'm getting mixed results:

If I first select a project and then select a document with the binder using the keyboard, I have to manually touch the screen to edit the document.

HOWEVER

If I'm *already editing* a document and I use Command-Option-Up/Down Arrow to select a different document in the binder, THEN (and only then) I can switch back to editing mode using the TAB key.

It would be awesome if pressing TAB while in the binder would *always* take you to edit mode. Hmmm....

While we're at it, anyone know a shortccut to hide the binder/quick reference panel?

-Tim

sw
swilcox

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:43 pm Post

LittleHouse75 wrote:It would be awesome if pressing TAB while in the binder would *always* take you to edit mode. Hmmm....

While we're at it, anyone know a shortccut to hide the binder/quick reference panel?

-Tim

Thanks for this info, Tim. I'll try that, but yes, it would be great to have a shortcut that consistently puts us into the editor when a document in the binder is selected.