No scrivener iOS app in my app-store

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:58 am Post

yosimiti wrote:From what I understand Vic-k is bat shiet crazy and his comments generally confuse the heck out of a lot of people but I've come to respect his ways...hasn't it always been this way?
The cheque's just been cancelled!!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:05 pm Post

This statement
yosimiti wrote:Yo, do not dis the great and illustrious, ever magnanimous and fantastical force to reckon with that is the great and illustrious.... vic-k

would seem to imply that I was somehow referring to my good friend Mr K. Way back when, in the 1.x days of scrivener there were two groups, the scrivenerati (marginally considered normal) and the "+3". Mr K was the founding member of the +3. A pigeon called Wock was the second. The third member was a headless idiot.

Mr K and I go way back and share a similar delight in confounding the language. He is a bit more ... shall we say creative? ... in his method than I am.

Anyway, the current unpleasant aftertaste post ingestion of forum posts is in no way related to Mr K or any of his creative insanities.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 pm Post

I would say he is more than just a stone-throw away from being 'creative', sir.

vic-k

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:59 pm Post

nun wrote:Having said already too much, specially for such a casual correspondence and on this forum.....l
NOT AT ALL! :shock: Please see Numpty's (Jaysen) response.

Jaysen wrote:This thread reminds me why I have yet to leave the forum... A technical issues "devolves" to a civil discussion on a hot political topic and NO ONE has been rude.

Thank you for the reminder that reasons to read the threads in areas that aren't frequented by Vic-k remain.

Off-Topicking and De-Off-topicking aboard Scrivener is de rigueur! If y' don't conform, y'll be made t' walk the plank ... after all, Scrivener is a leaky old pirate ship, ploughing the stormy, treacherous seas of literary and academic endeavour, crewed by a motley crew of miscreant dead-beats, no hopers and under achievers! Or, to put it another way, should you meander off topic, there is no law saying you can't meander back on again.
The overly pedantic and anally retentive, invariably, do get THE PLANK!
Also, should ones off-topicking assume proportions that even the most ardent of off-topickers consider to be uber substantial, the topic can be re-sited and resumed on Scrivener's powerhouse of intellectual debate, the bottom deck .viewforum.php?f=13

nun wrote:I don't believe that there is a real cultural or political-culture gap between the two societies,
If that be the case, then hopefully, therein lies the seed bed from which a land of peace and plenty will blossom. My Fervent wish is that it blossoms for you all, sooner rather than later.
Take care, נ,
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

narrsd
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 pm Post

Ha ;) -- 'as a professional', I'm grateful for the pointer to the bottom deck, and will have to visit often enough...

As far as the wonderful conversation with @nun, I think we both realize there are very intricate points and relations involved, so that it should be a private conversation. Which I've thought about.

Where any such conversations in life should surface, suitably distanced and re-personalized, would be in a novel in the métier if not the genre of Mr. Cornwell/le Carré; it's only proper.

Kind regards to each involved, banter elsewhere,
Clive

vic-k

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:39 am Post

narrsd wrote:Ha -- 'as a professional', I'm grateful for the pointer to the bottom deck, and will have to visit often enough...
As you meander along life’s highways and byways, invariably you will encounter heights of intellectual prowess the scaling of which you will find, at best, daunting, at worst, humanly impossible. And so too, you will encounter, in some, an abject lack of intellectual stimulation, the depths to which you will find it impossible to plummet.
narrsd wrote:As far as the wonderful conversation with @nun, I think we both realize there are very intricate points and relations involved, so that it should be a private conversation. Which I've thought about.

Where I disagree with nun, is in his assertion that he: “.....said already too much, specially for such a casual correspondence and on this forum.....l” From my perspective, he’s said just enough to give he rest of us visitors to his thread, some inclination as to the nature of the man behind the avatar. Given the circumstances in which nun’s points were raised and sentiments expressed, I find it implausible that there is anything contrived about them. Consequently, my opinion of nun, is of a guy whose integrity is in tact. When that proves to be the case with folk, I feel safe in their company. Also, as the op, it's his prerogative to off-topic if he so chooses.

You're probably right, Clive, a private conversation is the best medium to further address the subject matter of you off-topic. :wink:
Best wishes to both yourself and nun
Take care
Vic.