- So, to start, you need a Dropbox.com account.
- Then, download the dropbox software to your computer. If you are logged on to the dropbox.com website, click on your name in the upper right area of the page, then click on "Install".
- Once installed, it should create a "Dropbox" folder on your computer.
- If you don't already have a folder for syncing with Scrivener in the Dropbox folder, create one. Name the folder for Scrivener in general, not for a specific writing project; all projects must go into this folder to sync with the iOS version.
- Finally, close your desktop version of Scrivener, and move one of your projects from its original location to the new Scrivener folder you just created in Dropbox.
- Let Dropbox finish syncing the files up to the dropbox.com servers (the icon for Dropbox in your windows toolbar/mac menu bar will change, and clicking on it will reveal if it's up-to-date, or still syncing). One a slow internet connection, this can take a very long time, depending on the size of your project and the number of files in your binder.
- Finally, in Scrivener for iOS, set up sync if you haven't already, and then tap the sync button and wait for it to finish.
Please let me know if I've left anything vital out, and I'll edit the steps. Please feel free to share your tips here, but if you're having other issues, please start a new topic; your support questions might get overlooked in this thread of conversation.