Viewing files inside (chapter) folders

is
istara

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:51 pm Post

Is there any way to view files inside different chapter folders at the same time in the left sidebar? Rather than having to slide back in and out of different folders, only viewing the content of each individual folder at a time?

I can "force" this view by tapping the space bar in the project search field, which brings up every single document, (but with all the spaces highlighted). Or I could search "the" or "a" or something, but it would be great to get this view as a default.

Hope this makes sense! I've attached two screenshots to try and show what I mean.

IMG_0049.PNG
The regular view on Scrivener iOS
IMG_0049.PNG (119.18 KiB) Viewed 846 times

IMG_0050.PNG
Bringing up all the files by searching " "
IMG_0050.PNG (141.21 KiB) Viewed 846 times

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:08 pm Post

The tutorial covers that (and it's shorter than the one for Mac and Windows). but the short answer is to swipe left.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

is
istara

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:12 pm Post

Oh I love you! In future I'll be less arrogant and impatient and RTFM first ;)

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:18 pm Post

The swipe left to expand feature was also one of the four tips that should have appeared when you launched the app - I'm assuming you swiped through them without reading them. :D

Glad you got it sorted, though!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

is
istara

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:21 pm Post

I was just so eager to get it going, and I was messing around trying to upload all my .scrivs to Dropbox and sync them back, and installing it on my iPhone as well, so I managed to fail to see that. Sorry!

It's beyond amazing. I have a .scriv I use for Latin translations, and I put the original Latin text in the information pane. I can't tell you how *beautiful* that's now looking - better than desktop even.

I've left a 5-star review in the Aus iTunes store anyway.