App Store Search

homeport
Platform: Mac

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:00 pm Post

searching in app store what name do you use scrivener comes up with another brand?
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 pm Post

Well you find it yet because it's not out. :) Try again tomorrow!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

su
suavito

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:20 pm Post

Keith, maybe you should actually send out a warning that Scrivener for iOS is called Scrivener and not Scrivo.

Of course one can expect writers to be able to read but who knows what the utter excitement—It’s there! It’s there! Finally! Where’s the purchase button?—might do to people's eyesight?
Author’s Preface

I wrote this book in less than two hours. I think I’ve made as much of it as one could in such a short time.

Eugen Egner, Androids from Milk

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:33 pm Post

suavito wrote:Keith, maybe you should actually send out a warning that Scrivener for iOS is called Scrivener and not Scrivo.

Of course one can expect writers to be able to read but who knows what the utter excitement—It’s there! It’s there! Finally! Where’s the purchase button?—might do to people's eyesight?

Hmm, sadly, that's probably not a bad idea...
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

homeport

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:35 pm Post

That is exactly why I posted it it seems to me there is a lot of people out there trying to sell apps based on the reputation of scrivener, I never expected to find it today but I would expect to see the normal computer app there and all I see is scrivo
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm Post

homeport wrote:I would expect to see the normal computer app there and all I see is scrivo

You mean the Mac version of Scrivener? It's on the Mac App store, not on the iOS App Store.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:55 pm Post

lunk - no, homeport means "Scrivo" and "Scrivo Pro", which are third party apps that can open and edit Scrivener files. A lot of our users have confessed them for our official version of Scrivener for iOS, unfortunately; we're forever getting emails about it.

homeport and suavito - we have sent out a newsletter warning users that they should make sure the app they download is actually called "Scrivener". We've also blogged about it and shared the page via our social media pages, in an attempt to mitigate any confusion.

All the best,
Keith

homeport

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:57 pm Post

Great:)

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:24 pm Post

@Keith:
I know about Scrivo, but homeport referred to "the normal computer app", which I took to mean the Mac version of Scrivener. Thereof my question to him.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

su
suavito

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:13 pm Post

All the best to you, especially for the big day tomorrow!
Author’s Preface

I wrote this book in less than two hours. I think I’ve made as much of it as one could in such a short time.

Eugen Egner, Androids from Milk