Scrivener for Apple Watch

ma
marcoiac
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:11 pm Post

I'd be endlessly amused by Scriv for Watch, even though, as people have already said here, we already have it with Drafts and the Scratchpad. BTW, having a Watch I can tell you one thing: it ain't a productivity tool. At best, it's a fitness toy. Or just a toy :D

yosimiti

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:53 pm Post

marcoiac wrote: BTW, having a Watch I can tell you one thing: it ain't a productivity tool. At best, it's a fitness toy. Or just a toy :D

Yeah, it's what is preventing me from buying it ultimately. Just can't seem to not think of it as a fancy toy for those who can afford it. Perhaps one thought (for Apple and not L&L), is to have an Apple watch that doubles as a projector. Imagine: you take off your watch, lay it supine on a table, and out shoots a projected image on a wall from some hole on the watch. If you can connect a bluetooth mouse, and keyboard, essentially you have a working computer, the likes of which can certainly include Scrivener as part of your workflow!

Alas, the world isn't fast enough for my thoughts...

So I'll have to settle for Scriv on my little iPod.

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:02 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:if you are joking: I think this is a pretty good idea. If you had a third Apple watch, you strap it to your forehead, directly in front of your eyes to enable full-screen mode!

Forget the Watch. What we really want is a full-immersive Scrivener. Strap on the goggles. I want to walk through my Binder, explore its by-ways. I want to get in there and do battle with my adverbs and have to pray to the meta-data that I am the victor. Distraction-free writing? Hit full-screen and -- boom -- your text is the universe and you are the cursor.

-gr

yosimiti

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:18 pm Post

Sounds like the makings of a fine sci fi story!

Cassady

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 pm Post

gr wrote:
yosimiti wrote:if you are joking: I think this is a pretty good idea. If you had a third Apple watch, you strap it to your forehead, directly in front of your eyes to enable full-screen mode!

Forget the Watch. What we really want is a full-immersive Scrivener. Strap on the goggles. I want to walk through my Binder, explore its by-ways. I want to get in there and do battle with my adverbs and have to pray to the meta-data that I am the victor. Distraction-free writing? Hit full-screen and -- boom -- your text is the universe and you are the cursor.

-gr

This ^. This! ^. Is. Poetry. And should be on the back of a t-shirt: "Your text is the universe, and you are the cursor".

[Applauds, tips hat.]

yosimiti

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm Post

Cassady wrote:...And should be on the back of a t-shirt: "Your text is the universe, and you are the cursor".

If L&L made and sold T-shirts through their website, I'd be first in line. Just a thought, Keith.

gr

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:34 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:Sounds like the makings of a fine sci fi story!

I'm thinking blockbuster sci-fi mini-series. We can call it "Scrivworld". We just need to find out if Anthony Hopkins is available.

lunk

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:54 pm Post

"Scrivassic Park"? :)
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

gr

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:58 pm Post

cursor.jpg
cursor.jpg (111.62 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

(You really should not encourage him.)

yosimiti

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:40 pm Post

I'd soooooooo wear that yo!

yosimiti

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:23 am Post

Actually, in all honesty, when I first heard of Scrivener, I thought of Bartleby the Scrivener by Hermann Melville; I honestly thought that the app was some sort homage to Melville, in addition to being a once-upon-a-time profession. If Keith ever decided to make a movie out of his app, I think it should be an adaptation to Melville's story, as its quite a good one.

I can't tell if I'm being serious or not...haha.

gr

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:20 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:I can't tell if I'm being serious or not...haha.

This is known as the "Scrivener Effect". Longterm it can lead to scribomania, series novels, forumania and other diseases of the literary mind.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:35 pm Post

gr wrote:
yosimiti wrote:I can't tell if I'm being serious or not...haha.

This is known as the "Scrivener Effect". Longterm it can lead to scribomania, series novels, forumania and other diseases of the literary mind.

With the worst possible out come ... you could turn into vic-k
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

dn
dnaknitter
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:11 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:
Cassady wrote:...And should be on the back of a t-shirt: "Your text is the universe, and you are the cursor".

If L&L made and sold T-shirts through their website, I'd be first in line. Just a thought, Keith.

See CafePress--there are Scrivener t-shirts available there! Maybe someone could start a CafePress shop with this design. I would definitely buy one.

yosimiti

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:34 pm Post

dnaknitter wrote:See CafePress--there are Scrivener t-shirts available there! Maybe someone could start a CafePress shop with this design. I would definitely buy one.

Yeah, the shirts there are kinda lame. Scrivener shirts should have an intellectual bent. I think 'gr' should be hired to make them!