Scrivener for iOS - When?

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:16 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:I too have bought the whole Scrivener set to date, Mac and Windows, and now, just as Beta-testing has come to an end, Scrivener for iOS has been approved and is to become imminently available, my iPad Air 2 has decided it no longer wants to play and will no longer recharge its battery!

:'(

Happy to say that I contacted Apple support: My iPad, it turned out, had gone catatonic for some unknown reason, and what was needed was a forced re-boot. I'd never had to do that, so didn't know it was possible. Worked fine, so now I'm up and running again—I hope!—and am looking forward to paying for my copy of Scrivener for iOS.

:D

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

re
reepicheep
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:01 pm Post

KB wrote:… our iOS version of Scrivener (which will simply be "Scrivener" in the App Store),

Got it?
Not yet but come 20th will have.
Techie details in case I forget

Scrivener 3.1.3 (11945)
Mac OS X 10.13.6
Scrivener 1.1.5 (1301)
iOS 9.3.5/12.3.1

re
rebecca

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:03 pm Post

I, for one, never doubted that Scrivener for iPad would eventually be finished, and that when it was, it would be great. Congrats Keith on a huge job well done, and thank you for creating Scrivener. It's life-enhancing software.

na
nadinbrzezinski

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:03 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:
xiamenese wrote:I too have bought the whole Scrivener set to date, Mac and Windows, and now, just as Beta-testing has come to an end, Scrivener for iOS has been approved and is to become imminently available, my iPad Air 2 has decided it no longer wants to play and will no longer recharge its battery!

:'(

Happy to say that I contacted Apple support: My iPad, it turned out, had gone catatonic for some unknown reason, and what was needed was a forced re-boot. I'd never had to do that, so didn't know it was possible. Worked fine, so now I'm up and running again—I hope!—and am looking forward to paying for my copy of Scrivener for iOS.

Mark

Two ways to mostly avoid that. Close apps when not in use and restart it hard restart it every few days. And I have had to hard reset my iPad a few times. My iPad 4 was on the way out though. So I did take the plunge for the pro. My old eyes are loving it.
The past if prologue...

markfasano
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:07 pm Post

KB wrote: Nope, a better analogy would be that we've made some delicious bread, we've sliced it up, and we're selling slices to anyone who wants one - but coeliacs can't eat the bread so want us to make a different loaf. :)

Well, they could if they'd take their medication, but fair enough.

markfasano

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:11 pm Post

KB wrote:I decree that, if people really want an official way of referring to our iOS version of Scrivener (which will simply be "Scrivener" in the App Store), you should call it:

"Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, etc."

Got it?

Hmm. A bit long, don't you think? It does have an appealing biblical tenor, I must admit.

gr

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:43 pm Post

Long, yes, but praiseworthy.
Last edited by gr on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SarsenLintel

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:53 pm Post

markfasano wrote:
KB wrote: Nope, a better analogy would be that we've made some delicious bread, we've sliced it up, and we're selling slices to anyone who wants one - but coeliacs can't eat the bread so want us to make a different loaf. :)

Well, they could if they'd take their medication, but fair enough.

There isn't one.

rdale

Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:01 pm Post

KB wrote:… our iOS version of Scrivener (which will simply be "Scrivener" in the App Store),

Got it?

I'll be sure to set up Typinator to auto-expand "iOScriv" to your preferred naming convention. :twisted:
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

wi
windy71

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:00 pm Post

Postby xiamenese » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:37 am

I too have bought the whole Scrivener set to date, Mac and Windows, and now, just as Beta-testing has come to an end, Scrivener for iOS has been approved and is to become imminently available, my iPad Air 2 has decided it no longer wants to play and will no longer recharge its battery!

But I'll be buying it as soon as I'm up and running again on an iPad.
Mark

Hi Mark, try this, it has worked for me on a few devices. quite often fluff/lint gets in the charging port, it needs something thin and flexible in there to scoop it out, i have used cut coffee spatulas before, toothpicks, all sorts. Be gentle so as not to damage the connector but see if that works. Can always take it in to an apple shop and ask them what they think too.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:35 pm Post

KB wrote:I decree that, if people really want an official way of referring to our iOS version of Scrivener (which will simply be "Scrivener" in the App Store), you should call it:

"Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone Plus, iPhone, iPod - all devices running iOS 9.0 and above really, the One True Writing App, Hallowed Be Its Name, which is Literature and Latte Limited's Scrivener for iPad Pro, etc."

Got it?

Can't see Scrivener for Moleskin (Cheapo 49p imitation) in there :roll: anywhere :?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:01 pm Post

vic-k wrote:Can't see Scrivener for Moleskin (Cheapo 49p imitation) in there :roll: anywhere :?

"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:13 pm Post

KB wrote:
vic-k wrote:Can't see Scrivener for Moleskin (Cheapo 49p imitation) in there :roll: anywhere :?

Mere de Lucifer!!
It'll be years before y' sort that crap out. And you an ex pedagog!! I hope your betting slips are more legible!! :shock:

However, the above abomination notwithstanding: the very best of luck with Scriv for iOS, Kev :wink:
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

xiamenese

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:43 pm Post

nadinbrzezinski wrote:
xiamenese wrote:Happy to say that I contacted Apple support: My iPad, it turned out, had gone catatonic for some unknown reason, and what was needed was a forced re-boot. I'd never had to do that, so didn't know it was possible. Worked fine, so now I'm up and running again—I hope!—and am looking forward to paying for my copy of Scrivener for iOS.

Mark

Two ways to mostly avoid that. Close apps when not in use and restart it hard restart it every few days. And I have had to hard reset my iPad a few times. My iPad 4 was on the way out though. So I did take the plunge for the pro. My old eyes are loving it.

Yes, but I do close apps when I'm not using them. This happened when the battery had got down to 2%, I plugged it into the charger, heard the 'bonk', saw the lightning icon and the left it to recharge. When I came back to it a couple of hours later it was apparently dead, with no apparent charge. And I had restarted it only a couple of days ago.

Still, Apple Support have sorted me out, and I'm good to go.

Mark

xiamenese

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:49 pm Post

windy71 wrote:……

Hi Mark, try this, it has worked for me on a few devices. quite often fluff/lint gets in the charging port, it needs something thin and flexible in there to scoop it out, i have used cut coffee spatulas before, toothpicks, all sorts. Be gentle so as not to damage the connector but see if that works. Can always take it in to an apple shop and ask them what they think too.

No fluff, I'm afraid. I thought I would ring Apple Support before setting up an appointment at an Apple Shop. As I said, they sorted me out explaining how to do a forced re-boot—very useful information to have. When it restarted, it turned out it was 65% charged!

Thanks all the same.

:)

Mark