Scrivener for iOS - When?

br
brookter
Platform: Mac

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:20 am Post

brookter wrote:You've broken the internet!

Scrivener download keeps timing out (UK store...).

It's working now. Looking good.

Thank you!

Ro
Robbie

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 pm Post

BT were having problems this morning in UK. I managed to buy early, but the store didn't appear to download. I checked a later (having been billed by Apple) and there it was. Looking good so far! Well done team.
--
Robbie

sc
scshrugged
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:40 pm Post

Amcmo wrote:am of the 20th here in Aus and my money is still burning a hole....

Have another look this afternoon.

It's the first time I've seen all the listings for Scrivo. How many different versions can they stuff into the app store?

Regardless of whether the apps are any good, I have to say it looks like a shameless attempt to ride Scrivener's coat tails.

At $19.99 the genuine article is a steal!

Bolded by me.

Shame isn't a component of non-mutual symbiotic relationships.
I'm a Scrivener user, not an L&L employee.

Venares

Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:16 pm Post

KB wrote:There's a reason not many apps support that... Import and export will be plain text and RTF only.

This I do not understand, while ODT / LibreOffice is open source and DOCX/ WORD is not, DOCX is supported, ODT is not. Shouldn't it be easier to support ODT? I just exchange files a lot in ODT with colleagues, so to have ODT on the iPad version of scrivener is essential to my workflow.

... but besides this: Congratulations to your work, I am happy to have Scrivener on the go now!
Last edited by Venares on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConradG

Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:23 pm Post

Got it, laughed out loud with joy reading the documentation and trying things out on the PHONE!! Amazed at having this level of tool available to me; thank you, Keith! Now I have everything I need except ideas and talent!

gr

Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:16 pm Post

ConradG wrote:Amazed at having this level of tool available to me; thank you, Keith! Now I have everything I need except ideas and talent!

In response to endless requests, Keith has stated on these forums that your ideas and talent will be coming in an update (release date unknown). As a work around, try to procrastinate until then! :lol:

gr
Last edited by gr on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dh
dhruva

Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:27 pm Post

I just installed it Scrivener on my ipad (in mexico) and I'm giddy with joy. Thank you Keith and team for a stellar effort.

igstudio

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:12 pm Post

Marc ARAKELIAN wrote:We don't need thousands of features to write on the go.

I would be (very) happy with a good sync, a simple and efficient UI à la Daedalus, and the ability to (add and) visualize stuff other than Draft documents. :wink:

Agree wholeheartedly. I use it on the iPhone and Scrivener's customizable keyboard toolbar is already surpassed the one in Daedalus. Just wish for more color scheme choices

igstudio

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:13 pm Post

Marc ARAKELIAN wrote:We don't need thousands of features to write on the go.

I would be (very) happy with a good sync, a simple and efficient UI à la Daedalus, and the ability to (add and) visualize stuff other than Draft documents. :wink:

Agree wholeheartedly. I use it on the iPhone and Scrivener's customizable keyboard toolbar is already surpassed the one in Daedalus. Just wish for more color scheme choices. Had not had any sync issues so far.

Jo
Joves
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:54 am Post

Ursula wrote:Austria is mobile Scrivener-land now :-)

Some hickups with the store, could be I bought it twice...

:D